16

//tw// major character death🥲

"Still no reply?"

Unfortunately, Mingi could only shake his head in disappointment. It had been three days since the last text he received from Yunho and ever since then, nothing reached out. He glanced at the unread messages from their chat, letting another sigh for the umpteenth time. Mingi was legitimately becoming worrisome over the increasing course of time without a single news about the Alpha. Even Yeosang hadn't received any response from Jongho either, making the situation even worse. Wooyoung visited the Omega every now and then to make sure that his friend had the much-needed attention and proper consultations, at a very critical time like this.

"Maybe he's busy Mangiya... You know how the business world works. Plus he's now in a whole different nation. Maybe something struck up, making him a lot more busier than he thought he would be."

"But Woo... I mean, so busy to at least send a damn message?"

"Me and Sannie are like that too... Sometimes we go missing for days, and even weeks! It's how it works bub."

"I don't know Woo... I'm getting a weird feeling about this. Like, I'm scared. I don't like this anymore. I thought about this whole thing like you said before, until yesterday, but now... my gut says it's-"

"I'm sure everything is fine Mingi."

"But my gut-"

"Fuck your gut. Sometimes gut can go wrong too. Believe me, once I got a gut feeling that Sannie was cheating on me and I even spied on him. Turns out he didn't. The girl I was suspecting was only flirting with him. One day, this airhead had gone straight up to her and said that her breath stinks and since that day, I have no worries about my dummy."

In a span of days, a little laughter lit Mingi's face, resembling the golden rays of the shining sun. A relieved yet rueful smile appeared on the shorter Omega's lips, trying to be optimistic enough for the sake of his poor mate.

Mingi's fingers went up to the necklace he was wearing. The one that Yunho gifted him. Ever since they got parted, he had been wearing it, in the sense of being close to his lover- to feel his presence and love, regardless of not having him physically next to him. He knew the glimmer of hope would get him through the darkness of distress.

"Did you talk to your father?" Averting the subject, Wooyoung asked.

"No... I'm scared."

Wooyoung leaned forward and took Mingi's hands in his, squeezing them in support.

"Babe, I think you should. This is madness. Maybe something good will happen. Who knows? Tomorrow you need to talk to your father. He might be a King, but he can't do whatever the shit he wants. Even if he's the goddamn creator of this fucking world! This is absurd, bub... If nothing good comes out of it, then we'll have to do some... other stuff. You know what I mean? There are so many solutions and you don't have to do this at all. Okay? You're not alone my darling honeybun cupcake! You have us!"

Mingi- who was overwhelmed by the words of affirmation from his best friend- abruptly jumped out of his chair and hugged the shit out of the Omega in front of him. He was just glad. Glad and grateful for having someone beside him to at least give a simple encouragement, guiding him towards the light in the darkness of his miseries.

"Aigo, my boy. There, there... Everything's gonna be okay... and now, you're crushing me. Ouch! Easy dog, you're huge and heavy!"

Mingi parted smiling brightly, fueling happy pheromones in the air.

"Thank you. Let's hope for the best."

Wooyoung cupped the Prince's face and kissed his forehead, "Yeah, for the best."