6: The Power of a Single Word

As the girl slowly stirs awake in the serene room, the gentle play of sunlight filtering through the window catches her attention. Blinking, she takes in the unfamiliar surroundings—the soft hues of nature, the distant rustling of leaves, and the tranquility that marks this place as entirely unlike the bustling streets of Coruscant she had known.

Her heart races at the stark contrast to her previous existence, and the sudden intrusion of a polite voice startles her further.

"Good day, young miss. I hope you're feeling better after your rest. My sensors indicate that you're awake and alert now. How are you feeling?"

C-1N3's measured tones and distinct Coruscanti accent cut through the quiet, causing her to instinctively recoil and huddle beneath the covers, her wide eyes filled with a mixture of fear and uncertainty.

"Apologies for startling you, young miss," the droid's voice reassures, its programming adjusting to accommodate her understandable trepidation. "I mean no harm. I am C-1N3, and I am here to assist. Your well-being is of utmost importance."

His soothing words gradually coax the girl out from her hiding place, curiosity mingling with her apprehension. With cautious steps, she peers at the droid, whose polished surface reflects the dappled light filtering through the window.

As C-1N3 gently explains his purpose, the girl's fascination outweighs her fear. She listens intently as he offers to examine her injuries, her curiosity piqued by the prospect of receiving assistance from this unusual, mechanical companion. Tentatively, she allows him to assess her, her fear beginning to transform into a burgeoning sense of trust.

With deft precision, C-1N3 tends to her injuries, his movements gentle and methodical. The girl's initial apprehension gradually melts away as she experiences the droid's careful attention, a stark contrast to the harsh realities she has known. Emboldened by the connection she feels with this unexpected helper, she soon finds herself enjoying a bubble bath—a luxury she had never known—under the watchful gaze of C-1N3.

The droid's efficiency and warmth create an environment of comfort and reassurance. He carefully dresses her in clean clothes and wraps a robe around her small frame, a stark contrast to the worn and tattered garments she had known on the streets of Coruscant. As she gazes at herself in the mirror, the reflection that stares back at her seems almost foreign.

Now that she's clean, C-1 decides to show her where she is staying"

"I'd be delighted to show you around our home. We have a variety of rooms, each designed in detail. Although Master Maul only ever uses the bedroom and the library."

C-1N3 guides the girl through the hacienda, showing her where she can and cannot go. The droid also speaks of Maul, describing him as a complex individual who, despite his fearsome appearance, has shown a side of compassion and care that few have witnessed. And just as the tour nears its end, as they stand in the heart of the hacienda, the girl suddenly speaks—a single word that holds the promise of a new beginning. "Food?"

C-1N3's photoreceptors light up with delight at the sound of her voice, his programming aligning with her needs.

"Of course! I'm thrilled that you've spoken, young miss. Your first word! I'll be sure to prepare a delicious spread for you right away."

The droid bustles about, utilizing its efficiency to assemble a variety of nourishing dishes, each prepared with care and an understanding of what the girl might enjoy. A colorful array of fruits, vegetables, and other delectable treats are carefully presented on a table, their vibrant hues a stark contrast to the muted tones of the galaxy she had known.

As the girl's eyes widen at the sight of the spread, C-1N3 hums with satisfaction. The meal means more than just food —it's a bridge to communication. The small, hesitant smile that graces her lips as she begins to enjoy the food is evidence of the unspoken connection that has been forming between them—an alliance forged in uncertainty, a bond that holds the potential to transform both their lives in ways they could never have imagined.