Check

Shigaraki exhaled roughly, fighting the urge to laugh when he saw the cute, dumbfounded look on Izuku's face. Shigaraki coughed, hiding the smile behind his hand. I should take this seriously...

Shigaraki gathered himself and continued. "And one of the current alliances we've been upholding with another gang is with Shie Hassaikai," Shigaraki explained. "He's well integrated within the underground community and the black markets in Japan, as well as outside it."

"So you think he's the one who ordered those men to kill me?" Izuku asked quietly.

"Well, no," Shigaraki said. "I don't know who sent the order, but I suspect he provided the guns." Shigaraki ignored the guilt that crept upon him. He knew exactly who sent the order.

"Oh." Izuku fidgeted with his hand again. Shigaraki noticed that the young CEO did that often, usually rubbing the curious scar that marked his right hand. "Do you think, whoever the blackmailer is, will send more people after me? Or target my daughter next?"

The guilt encircled Shigaraki's throat with its cold fingers. It felt like a noose. Where the fuck is this guilt coming from!?

"...No. The police will be on alert and my Nomus will keep the building well protected." Shigaraki reasoned.

Izuku bit his lower lip, and Shigaraki couldn't help but stare. "What about here?"

Shigaraki snapped out of his stupor, tearing his attention away from those lips. He locked eyes with Izuku. "I'll keep you safe," Shigaraki lied. "I'll keep both of you safe." Lie.

"...Thank you," Izuku murmured, shyly touching Shigaraki's interlaced hands. "I'm sorry about earlier. I kind of overreacted and I wasn't sure whether to trust you or not."

"So do you trust me now?" Shigaraki asked, trying to calm his heart when Izuku initiated contact.

"...Yes," Izuku said hesitantly.

"Even though you know that I'm part of the yakuza?" Shigaraki gazed at Izuku, his face stoic, yet his heart squeezed anxiously, waiting for Izuku's rejection.

Izuku paused, considering his next words carefully. "I... I'm not ecstatic at the choice of your other profession, but... as long as you don't plan to hurt me, Eri, or other innocent people... I think I can trust you."

"Izuku, I would never hurt you or Eri." Shigaraki breathed out, his heart flipping in his chest while the guilt choked his throat. Ignoring the drowning guilt, Shigaraki continued to dig his grave with empty promises. "I would never."

Liar.

"Okay." Izuku smiled softly, his eyes shining with gratitude and happiness.

Shigaraki swallowed painfully, unable to meet Izuku's trusting eyes, choosing to focus on Izuku's slim fingers splayed across the back of Shgaraki's hand.

"Um... sorry." Izuku noticed Shigaraki's gaze and retracted his hand, a soft blush covering his features.

Wait no.

"I should go to bed now." Izuku stood up quickly.

Stay.

"Goodnight," he said quietly.

Fuck.

"...Goodnight," Shigaraki echoed, watching Izuku's retreating form. The soft click around the corner signaled Izuku's closed door. Shigaraki tilted his head back, gazing at the open ceiling and the expensive light fixtures of the penthouse.

Fuuuuck.

His heart yelled curses at him, but Shigaraki chose to ignore them, opting for a smoke and opening the glass door to head out to Izuku's patio.