Knight

"Hello," A deep, raspy voice greeted Izuku.

"G-good morning," Izuku responded, surprised that the man greeted him.

"I just moved into the other penthouse," The white-haired man commented, his unusually piercing, red eyes staring at Izuku.

"Ah, that's right. There's two penthouses on the top floor of this building. I wonder how I never noticed the other door--" Izuku muttered to himself.

"It was at the other end of the hallway," The man smirked slightly, looking amused at Izuku's rambling.

"Oh! Excuse my mumbling... I have a habit of talking to myself," Izuku apologized. "I always thought it was a door to the staircase--"

"Did you not have many friends?" The man asked.

"W-what?" Izuku stood there shocked by the brazen question.

"People who usually talk to themselves don't have many social relationships."

The nerve! Izuku bit the inside of his cheek. Who was he to assume Izuku didn't have any friends?!

"So I was right." The man smiled.

Shit! He had said that out loud? "I... do have friends." Izuku's eye twitched.

"I see."

Something about the man's condescending tone irritated Izuku. How many floors were left? EIGHTY?! COULDN'T THIS ELEVATOR GO ANY FASTER?!? Izuku had never hated an inanimate object before, but there was a first time for everything.

Izuku bit his lip, pulling out his phone and ignoring the man's gaze on him. Oh right, the mysterious stock increase. Izuku searched for the rival company's name, multiple articles popping up on the sudden stock increase. He clicked on the top article, skimming through it quickly. There were rumors of a new, yet unconfirmed product. Usually, rumors only amounted to a max of 2 percent increase. This thirty percent-- no, forty now– was abnormal.

Thankfully, the rest of the elevator ride down was blissfully quiet, and Izuku soon forgot about the man's presence until they reached the ground floor. The elevator doors opened with a pleasant chime and Izuku put his phone away to step out.

"After you," the man gestured.

"Thank you," Izuku said warily, stepping out.

"I hope to see you around, now that we're neighbors." The man grinned, the scar on his mouth bending.

"See you around," Izuku echoed. Prick. He would need to tell Eri to be careful around this creep. Now that they were neighbors and in close proximity, Izuku had to make sure that Eri never ran into him by setting up cameras and recording when the man came in or went out. Call Izuku a paranoid, helicopter parent, but this man was getting nowhere near his little girl.

Izuku selected a Porsche to drive to work, and in a couple minutes, he was at Gejitsu. He parked his car in the reserved spot meant for the CEO. Walking into the building, he was greeted by passing employees and Izuku bid them 'good morning' on the way to the elevator. The elevator doors opened to the top floor, where he was also greeted by Ochaco Uraraka, his personal secretary.

"Good morning, Mr. Midoriya!" Ochaco's bubbly voice called out to him.

"Good morning, Ms. Uraraka." Izuku smiled at the secretary. Her rosy cheeks tinged a shade darker.

"The board members are waiting for you in the conference room," Ochaco informed him, batting her eyelashes a bit.

"Thank you," Izuku politely thanked her, striding to the conference room. He was aware of Ochaco's affections, but pretended to be politely oblivious. Any man would've jumped at the chance to date the cute and optimistic brunette, but Izuku promised himself that dating was off limits. All he needed in his life was his daughter, and he wasn't keen on having another person come into his life just to leave him.