𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

𝐆𝐲𝐦 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐆𝐲𝐦 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

The best thing about having your best friend as your roommate and coworker is that the gossiping and talks never have to stop.

"So you're telling me, he leaned in for a kiss but just opened your car door!?"

"Yes! And I was going to let him!" You exclaimed, sharing a laugh with Naomi. The worst part about your best friend/roommate being your coworker as well means being distracted 24/7. The two of you were in the break room of your job, taking an extended lunch break as the minimum time limit had gone overtime.

"Y/n, he's teasing you, which could only mean one thing: he wants you," Naomi explains, pointing at you with her fork while still picking at her cold lunch. "You know, maybe I need to get a personal trainer. Do you know if he has any friends? Because I would love a big, strong man to come—" You tuned out the rest of what Naomi was saying, pondering on what she said a moment ago: "He wants you." You inferred that his little performance in the parking lot was just him teasing, but it would make sense with the messages you saw after. When you got home, you finally got a chance to look at your phone. You didn't expect him to pour his heart out to you. You've known there was something there before the kiss, but you didn't anticipate an early confession. It was all confusing for you, so you left him on "seen" instead of responding.

"Earth to Y/n! Are you listening to anything I'm saying?" Naomi waved her hand in your face to gain your attention.

"Yeah, sorry."

"You're thinking about the text messages, aren't you?" Naomi asked, picking at her salad already knowing your answer. You had told her about the text messages after finding out about them and called her for feedback, but she only answered with her recurring response: "He wants you."

"I just don't know what to do, Naomi!" You exclaimed, laying your head against your hands.

"You still haven't responded?!"

Peeking through your fingers, you sheepishly shook your head.

With a sigh, Naomi consoled you, "Think about it, Y/n. If it's hard trying to respond to his text, imagine how he'd feel when you never respond."