32.

(THIS ISN'T HAPPENING)

When I get to my locker for the first time Avery is already inside the building. I can't hide the surprise on my face as she stands by her locker.

"Early morning today, huh," I state and she nods.

When I open my locker, a single flower falls out but I manage to catch it before it drops. It's a Gardenia flower, with white petals and a long brown stem. I smile at the symbolism.

Avery's brow raise as she looks at me with the flower embedded between my fingers. Before she can ask anything Lia walks up to us.

"Guys, I might have a hangover," she says.

"Might?" Avery questions, humor is laced in her voice as she gestures towards Lia's uniform. It's extremely wrinkled and her tie isn't even done.

She has a lot of hickeys running up her neck and to be honest, they look extremely painful. Thank god Christian is somewhat gentle.

I chuckle a bit, "Wadorbe malfunction,"

I glance down at the flower between my index and thumb, spinning it around slowly as I smell the fresh scent of it.

I can't help the smile that finds it way on my face, and Avery doesn't seem to miss it either.

"Who's it from?" She asks, as she looks into my locker, possibly looking for a note but there isn't any. There doesn't need to be.

"I'm not sure," I tell her, the lie burning the tip of my tongue as I spit it out.

She narrows her eyes, "So a random person can put a flower in your locker and you don't mind?" She questions.

I rest the flower on my books as I take out a few textbooks for the first four periods. "It's a harmless plant,"

"Wait you got a flower, from someone at school?" Lia asks.

I glance at her, "You guys are overreacting,"

Lia shakes her head as she crosses her arms, "No we're not, I've never gotten a flower at school so I can't gloat about it infront of everyone," she scoffs.

I mentally roll my eyes.

"I'm not trying to gloat," I say, shutting the locker door as I rest the books under my arm.

"I'll see you later," I tell them as I walk off to my class, I didn't wait for Avery to walk me. If I stayed bickering with them I'd definitely get to class late.

When I reach the class, my eyes quickly find him. It doesn't take long for him to look up to see me as well.

Since this wasn't our chemistry class, I went to my usual seat amongst Connor and Aidan, who takes no time wrapping his arm around my waist.

I roll my eyes, "Aidan, give it a rest please,"

"Okay seriously, Rory, what is your problem?" He retorts, tightening his arm around me.