Ch6 - Mockingbird

A/n: I'm back (for now)! I'm starting my 4th week of college, and all I have to say is that it's been kicking my ass lmao. I still need to work on my time management skills. Also, I am likely going to be getting a job too, so I'll be extra busy.

I think my most efficient time for writing will be during the holidays so expect more updates around that time. I'll try updating outside of holidays but it may not be as often nor will the chapters be as long. I hope you guys can understand!

Your POV

You stared at your reflection, heavy eye-bags were present on your face. Your eye twitched tiredly as your gaze bored into your disheveled appearance. With a heavy sigh, you ruffled through your air, the other hand going through the drawers for your hair brush. 

Robotically, you began combing at the ends of your hair and began making your way up. Starting from the bottom, you've noticed, makes it easier to brush out your hair. Plus brushing your hair that way prevents you from accidentally ripping out your hair from its roots and the frequent knots. 

Your morning routine went on as usual without much complications.

Aside from the fact you just threw yourself down the stairs. 

But that's fine. 

Everything's fine.

 "Y/n what did you do?! Oh my god, are you alright?!" Your mom panicked as you just lay there on the floor. 

From the front door, your dearest friend, Izuku, peered past your father with a concerned and horrified look, "Y-Y/n-chan?!"

Raising a thumbs up, you just lay there still, arm dropping to your side now that you've briefly answered, "Tis but a scratch." You sighed, "Alright, let's just go, Izuku."

Your green-haired friend was beyond confused, and still concerned, for your well-being. Izuku noticed some brief changes in your attitude but didn't know how to bring it up without you changing the topic. And it doesn't help that you go back to being your normal self for the next couple of days until you spiral out again... 

"Erm... okay...!" He chimed, smiling awkwardly as you got up from the base of the stairs, slipping past your father, and towards Izuku. 

"Bye now!" You spoke hurriedly as you grabbed Izuku's hand in an attempt to flee the confines of your overbearing home. 

Your body was left unscathed from the fall. Not a single bruise or blemish was seen on your skin, nor did you feel any ache or pain. Your uniform was a bit wrinkled but you couldn't care. 

"Wait, Y/n-chan, I'm gonna fall--!" Izuku was cut off when he tripped over his own feet. 

You caught him, of course, and being the good friend that you are, you teased him, "Already falling for me, eh?" It was cliche, but it's fun seeing your friend's cute expressions. Plus, it was so easy to mess with him, that you couldn't help it. 

Izuku's face flushed as he stumbled over his words, "N-No! Not like that! I just... uhm..." He trails off as his gaze meets the floor, the nearby stop sign, a shop, a passerby, and his shoes. 

You chuckled, patting his back as you began walking forward with a slight bounce in your step, "I know what you mean, I'm just messing with you, Izuku." You tell, pulling your hands behind your back as you continue walking slowly. 

Izuku pouts, giving you a side-eye, "Why does she keep teasing me..." He mumbles, shoulders slumped. The teen visibly flinched when a bird's shadow came into view, a wing almost smacking him in the face, "Naka?"