Ch25 - Good Mourning

A/n: Sorry y'all, originally I was supposed to update last week, but midterms and a presentation were in the way. But here we are with another chapter :D

P.S I tried doing research on Japan's court trials. Take this chapter with a grain of salt as it may not be 100% accurate, but I tried lol

Y/n's POV

It was a new day. 

Waking up once more in the... hospital was something she was growing accustomed to now. The plain white walls. The constant tests. The constant questions. It was getting repetitive. 

If memory serves correct, today would have been the second to last day of internships. 

Today is supposed to be Y/n's trial. 

She wondered how it'd go. She's never been to court before. What would that feel like? Would her face be plastered all over TVs, newspapers, media outlets? 

Despite the predicament she found herself in, Y/n felt at peace. Like she had nothing to worry about. 

~Elsewhere~

"CAW! FUCK OFF! DON'T TOUCH ME! YOU SCOUNDREL! CAW!"

"How did this bird get in?!" One of the front desk persons inquired, trying to grab hold of the bird. 

"DON'T FAWKING TOUCH ME!" Naka screams, landing on the floor. Her little feet scratched lightly against the tiled floor, her wings spread outwards as if she were prepared to take off. 

"Naka, please, refrain from causing a scene." Akajime sighs, stepping into the lobby. He couldn't believe that Naka managed to get in and was creating a ruckus. Out of everything Naka could've done with her free time, it was to harass the employees of the hospital you were being held in. 

"Tell them to release my baby! She's innocent! Caw!" 

"She's killed--" 

"She's innocent!"

"...KILLED PEOPLE!"

"She committed no crimes!"

Akajime shakes his head before looking over at the person sitting at the desk. He points into the direction your room was in. They nod. 

"I'm coming with you!"

"You can't, you have to get out!"

"Fu-caw-ff!"

"It's fine, just let Naka come." Akajime responds, waving at them as he continued walking onward into the direction you were holed up in. 

Naka perched herself onto Akajime's shoulder, huffing angrily, "They don't know how to do their job properly." 

The detective was incredibly apprehensive as he approached the subject, "Naka... what if Y/n is found guilty?" He inquires, keeping his gaze straight ahead. He couldn't look at the bird, nor could he bring his attention to the ground as he walked. As much as it shamed him, that he failed at his duty to be able to keep you safe, he had to keep going. He had to keep his head up and move onward. 

"She's not! She can't be guilty. My baby is precious... She has done no wrong, she's good natured. She's doing it for the betterment of society." 

Akajime pauses, snapping his head over toward the bird, "What? Naka, is there something you know?" He couldn't believe it. Did he hear that right? Y/n was doing it for the 'betterment of society'? She's committing these murders intentionally? She's linked, more or less, to the villains and questionable civilians that have been disappearing or winding up dead?