Ch18 - Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

A/n: I went back through the last chapter and I realized the formatting for the "text messages" at the end of the were messed up. I tried fixing them but they won't stay the way I want them to be. So I gave up😭

(Sorry if this chapter is a little boring)

Your POV

"There, there." You deadpan, staring at Tokunaga who looked ready to suffocate himself. You were sat between Shinsou and Tokunaga, completely ignoring the confused(?) glances from their classmates. Not knowing what else to do, you pat Tokunaga's head, ruffling his hair, "There, there." 

"I'm not a dog." 

"I don't know how to comfort people." 

"Fair enough."

His fight had ended not too long ago. It was between him and some random guy that can manipulate sand. It was a Gaara rip-off. Red hair and eye-bags, 'n everything. Tokunaga's match was a total loss. There wasn't much that he could do given the difference in their Quirks' strengths and weaknesses. 

Sand itself is versatile. It's good for offense and defense and can be used in any manner that is necessary. There wasn't much that Tokunaga can do considering how limited he is with his Quirk. He can do some stuff, but that's only if he's able to get close enough. 

Their match was one-sided. It was a total loss for him, unfortunately.

The next match was Aoyoma and Mina. The latter had won very easily due to her agility and flexibility. We're not gonna talk about Aoyama's defeat. The poor boy. 

The next match was between Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu. The former had won, due to relentless attacking. It was entirely one-sided. 

All you could do was watch Yaoyorozu's soul swirl in on itself. Self-doubt and reluctance swirled within her being. Her frustration was evident. 

'I wonder if I should take some of the girls out to go grab some food or go shopping? It'd be fun...' You thought, tilting your head slightly at the thought, 'Like a girls' day! I haven't done that before. It'll be fun, right?' You pondered, weighing the options. 

Would it be weird though? You hardly interact with anyone in the class, so... it would be awkward if you did invite them all to hang out, right? 

Ah... maybe it's best that you don't... 

:(

The next fight was now between Kirishima and Tetsutetsu, a student from Class B. Ironically enough, their poses and introductions were similar to each other, just as their Quirks are. Even Kirishima had noticed that. 

While all that was going on all you could do was sigh, staring up at the sky. 

"L/n, you gotta avenge me." Tokunaga finally says, putting a hand on your shoulder, "Please win against the sandman."

"I'll give him a solid punch in the face. How does that sound?" 

"Win for me, please. I beg."

"...Because you're my good friend, and because you begged, I guess I will."

"CAW! Message for Y/n!!"

"Oh, it's the bird that jumped Present Mic." A random person from behind you, commented. 

You raised your brows, turning your head to the student, "I'm sorry, he got jumped? She jumped Present Mic? "

"Message! Caw!" Naka descends, crash-landing on your extended arm.