Ch21 - Good Soup

This is more of a filler chapter, but y/n gets to relax a little with an unexpected person she came across while wandering. Spoiler: They get food

Also, I got sick and had to finish up with stuff before I head back to college. I'm heading back to the dorms this week so yay... 

Your POV

The sun was setting. It was getting darker and darker as the seconds ticked by. You were tired after today. You worked out, used more energy than necessary. You just felt like curling up in bed and cuddling Ajax. But you'd rather be anywhere near home after the shit show from earlier. 

Sighing, you kept your chin leveled, deciding that you're not going to bother. You'll tune out everything right now. The world around you is nonexistent. You're just existing as of now. 

Just keep walking. 

Keep walking.

Keep walking...

The street lights began turning on, buzzing to life as it illuminated the streets. Few cars pass by, and even fewer people roam the streets. 

You were surprised there weren't more people. It's not that late, but it's not that early either. Maybe after the livestream of the sports festival, all the excitement tired people out. 

Plus, they probably have stuff to do at home, and people who they like hanging out with-- or at least tolerate. 

Your steps came to a halt as you waited at the crosswalk. Your thumb continuously pressed the button, wanting to the light to change so you can finally cross. The monotone, voice-coded cross-walk thing kept telling you to wait, but you were going to keep clicking the button. You're going to click it as many times possible until the light changes. 

You have the choice to do, or don't. 

And you chose to do.

Click

"Wait."

Click

"Wait."

Click

"Wait."

Click

"Wait."

Click

"Wait."

Click

"Wait."

Click

"Wait."

Click

"Wait."

Click

"Wait."

Click

"Wait."

Click

"Wait."

Click

"WAIT."

" . . . "

Click

"WAIT."

You stared at the button. Your attention then shifted over to the panel across the way, still displaying a red hand.