Chapter 6- Prom Ⅲ

Y/N L/N

My phone was full of notifications, people are getting too excited about this 'prom'. I seriously do not get the hype though; I glanced on my phone again. I looked through the mirror, fixing some bits of my makeup.

Receiving a notification from Miles, he'll be here in a few minutes, hopefully having enough time to put some accessories, not too little and not too much. On the contrary, this dress is so hard to put on, I just know I'm going to be surprising him. Styling my hair and fixing my dress so it doesn't show too much of my chest or neither does it show too little. I add a steel necklace, since accessories would look great. The bell from my door rang, I ran downstairs to the door as it revealed Miles, a huge grin grew on my face,

He had a flower bouquet with him, and gosh. His suit suited him the best, a mix of black and red, it reminded me of spider-man though, but that's not the case, he looked handsome, hot even, but that would be too vulgar to even call someone this beautiful. I gazed on his face and his curled hair, it grown quite a lot,

He smiled nervously, showing his dimples at the side of his cheeks that made me blushed a little.

"Who is it?" interrupted by my father, "My date, Miles!" I answered with no hesitation,

Miles then coughed awkwardly, breaking our eye contact as I welcomed him in, "Hello, I'm y/n's dad, nice to meet you, miles?" my father greeted him then continuously setting the necklace on my neck. I thanked my dad afterwards, he started eyeing Miles though, which made Miles quite uncomfortable, whilst my dad finds his car keys, I grabbed my purse and sat on the couch with Miles.

"You look-- ahem-- pretty..." Miles coughed out the word, right after I was about to thanked him and compliment him back, he had the audacity to completely his sentence with, "pretty ugly" which I hit him on the shoulder, "ahem-- I was trying to look like you." I deadpanned,

He looked quite shocked at the response and answered with "If you did then you're doing a pretty bad job" leaning back to the couch now, kind of regretting to go to prom with him, I roll my eyes after that. "Shut up, at least I look pretty decent for once."

"Sure, I agree with your statement, in fact, I think you look absolutely stunning," he stopped as I was about to smile again, "you really think so?" I ask, "for someone like you" then he whispered, thinking I couldn't hear??

I was about to say something until he smirked, I felt something in my stomach, something that I've only felt with Miles, is this what they call butterflies in the stomach? I looked away from him, not wanting to make it too obvious that I'm obviously folding for him.

"You two lovebirds done yet? we gotta go," I nod, asking Miles to follow along,

"Oh yeah, y/n, I-- uh, my mami insisted I give you this" he aggressively took my hand and gave a bouquet of flowers, sunflowers, I smile at his cute remark, he looked away every time. I don't think I've ever seen this part of Miles before. So cute, so handsome, attractive, and he was definitely blessed with gorgeous eyes. I hold on to the flowers, which I realize inside was a cute spider-man plushie with a note,

Do you have a band aid? 'cause I scraped my knee falling for you ;)

- Miles Morales

We sat in the backseat as I looked over to him, I wanted to tell him I loved him, I lovedd him so much, the amount of love I have for him could fill for the ocean, and rather save food hunger, too much that it could drown the oceans. But I know this corny ass shit is just for show, we haven't even made it official, do we act like a couple?

Absolutely not

"y/n, what did the other hat say to the other?" my dad looked through the rearview mirror, as I answered him with "what?"

"Stay here, I'll go on ahead" my dad winked through the rearview mirror as silence filled the car, Miles cackled though, probably trying to get on my dad's good side. "Dad, that was corny," I say, rolling my eyes. "Miles doesn't think so though, right Miles?"

"Yeah, that was pretty funny, I've got a better one. You wanna hear it?" Miles nudged his elbow as I sigh breathlessly. Endless of corny jokes filled the car until, finally. I dreamt for this time to come, Miles opening the door for me as an act of being a gentleman, as he should be. Lending his hand and saluting to my dad, I waved goodbye then.

---

They met up with Ganke, Jelina and Harper. "Y/n! you look absolutely gorgeous, this dress fits you so much!" Jelina jumped; hugging y/n tight. "Someone knows fashion..." said Harper, judging y/n's dress. Harper didn't wear too much since she didn't want to put too much effort alone.

A few minutes had gone by, and they talked and laughed ate, and dance., Miles in y/n's opinion is a t̶e̶r̶r̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ great dancer. After they finally had the most fun, Miles spider tingle had to lose the fun of it, "y/n, I'm sorry, I got to go."

"Wait-- we just danced...?" the smile she had was lost, leaving y/n stranded with cute dates surrounding her, she sits on an empty table and gloomily looked through her phone, sighing every minute, hoping her date would come sooner. Harper is with her other friends while Jelina's with her loving boyfriend.

This sucked, well, at least for her, after endless of sighs and looking through stories and getting jealous of cute couples. Even if y/n had strong feelings for Miles, he would be too busy to even care for her wouldn't he?

She was dispirited and left heartbroken, her first ever prom date had ditched her. But something bigger was happening, the pillars were cracking and the ceiling had plasters and dust coming off, she noticed as she looked up. Boom! down it came crashing, distant screaming as everyone began to evacuate, a huge pillar has weighted down her, leaving her helpless. She feels a bit faint and she was weak, "Y/n? stay with me alright? y/n?"

The last thing she could see was spider-man and she couldn't even confess her feelings for Miles. What a coward, she was, but though she remains strong for her true undying wish, confessing everything to Miles.

End of chapter

---

(A/N: If you guys are wondering she has siblings and a mother, but they're in her hometown so don't worry and sometimes I forget about her family lmao. Also, sorry for making you guys wait, I had an injured finger because of sports, and it took quite some time to heal, thank you guys for reading this! This is not the end yet!! Stay tuned <3)