Chapter 5- I Don't Wanna Go To Jail

A few weeks has gone by, and things were normal, usual dinner with her aunts, going back to her hometown, meeting her cousins. What she couldn't let go of was Miles though, she wondered around for him, but he seems to always be busy and turns out the crime in Brooklyn increased, always needing Spider-man to save the day. Finals were on the way though, not to mention her mom rambling about studying. Which stressed her out, a lot. She still remembers the night with spider-man, she wonders in the street just to see him but somewhat he's not anywhere to be seen. Fun fact: she found out spider-man's Puerto Rican.

She sighed in boredom, "y/n, what number did you get?" asked Jelina, hoping she'll be partnered with her, "3" she said, "Mr. Morales?" the teacher called, "Here" Miles answered, he looks rather sick, maybe he caught a cold.

Oh, has he been sick for a week now? y/n thought. 

"y/n, please, can we switch mates??" Jelina shakes the shoulders of y/n, shaking her viciously while y/n felt a tinder bit of dizzy, "sure, who are you paired with anyway?"

"Morales" Jelina beamed, a faint of blushed grew on her cheeks, "It's a win win, I get Ganke, you get Miles" Jelina grinned. 

Everyone gathered their books and walked to Miles table, he quickly covered something up in the drawer that looked like a white sticky substance (the web of course, so don't get any weird ideas), she looked at him puzzled but simply brushed it off. She drops her pile of books and got a paper out. Things were still pretty awkward after that incident, where she got in trouble-- they got in trouble and went to detention, and somehow cliché things happened after the detention. 

"So... are we going to work on this project?" she asks, finally stating a word, "Huh? oh yeah sure," he finally snaps back to reality, she explained briefly more about the project till the both of them started a small, cute conversations, some laughing here and there, the teasing, Miles was a really fun person to hang out with, once y/n realizes she's getting off topic. She immediately switches back to the project, just for them to laugh around and make silly jokes again, it was a constant loop at some certain point the teacher came over to their table and shushed them because they were being too loud.

When the bell rings Miles invited her to sit with him and Ganke, she politely asked him if she could invite her friends then Miles nodded. 

"y/n, I heard you're interested in graffiti. Don't worry, I'll be here to offer you expert advice and laugh at your beginner mistakes," Miles laughed, with food in his mouth, 

"Don't talk while you're eating, you're getting your food crumbs all over my face" she says, quite disgusted but found it funny. Miles then looked at y/n's food combination, it was weird to him.

"Your taste in food is questionable... How can you enjoy that?" his eyes widen as she kicks his shin, grunting at the sudden force on his leg. The rest of them trapped in their own conversations, "we do not talk about my taste in food, didn't your parents ever told you to be grateful for your food" she pouts. 

-------

Afterschool, she decided to go for a stroll, walk in the streets and run some errands, maybe thinking of buying things for her friends. Like matching bracelets, or even new crocs. Her crocs are a mess after moving to Brooklyn. She strolls by the stores and spots spider-man, waving her hands stiffly.

"Spider-man! Finally! You're back," y/n looks up shouting at him, "Mi Alma! miss me yet?" he got down from swinging, finally pacing at the same pace of y/n, "where have you been?! gone outta nowhere after saving my life, I owe you!" y/n hits his chest with her knuckles,