Part 8 - Another Chance.

Dylan had snored the whole night and Rhi had heard every single snore. She couldn't bring herself to kick him out. The snoring was largely her fault after suggesting they play dare or shot with vodka. She needed something to take her mind off Ash. Rhi tried to shuffle from under the weight of Dylan's arm but couldn't free herself. She resigned to lying and listening to his snores.

His chest heaved up and down, vibrating on her back. The rain pattered heavily on the window when Rhi reached out an arm to pick up her phone. The time was 9am. Rhi guessed she wasn't going to classes today.

Brook had texted her back. She told Rhi to at least hear him out. There was nothing else contained in the text. It was short but to the point. Rhi considered if she should give him a chance. Ash had broken her and her trust. He had been her first love and he had destroyed her.

Dylan stirred next to her and then blinked to look at her. He gave her this look that she hadn't been able to place. It was always intense and deep. She felt he was staring into her soul and reading every single secret. She smiled and shifted out of the weight of his arm. Dylan's face dropped and he sat up; his brown hair tangled and his chest tattoo showing.

"Wow, I am hungover" Dylan laughed as he reached for the glass of water at the side of the bed. He nodded as if to say thank you to his drunk self.

"You weren't too keen on any dares" Rhi returned.

"I wasn't going to run naked through the street" He pulled the sheets higher as he checked his phone. He sighed and sat on the side of the bed.

"You missed seminars too?" Rhi queried Dylan.

"Yes, but it's worth it. I think I'm going to take off; I don't want to out stay my welcome" He pulled on his trousers and shirt before wandering into the bathroom. She could hear him using the spare toothbrush she kept for him. Rhi wondered how toxic it was to continue to use him like this.

He wandered out of the bathroom and looked at her with the same, intense stare. She turned away and pulled on her pyjama top.

"I'll see you around then" Dylan nodded back at Rhi in response then he was gone.

She lit up a cigarette and padded towards the kitchen. No sign of Sara but she had a 'friend' who she seemed to stay with a lot. Rhi put the kettle on and stared out of the window. She contemplated texting Ash. Her hands dragged towards her phone and she flicked open the texts from him.

They were a mix of pleading, begging and then anger. He had quickly switched to pretty pissed off with her. She didn't blame him but she didn't know how to react. She was so far from home and he was there. He just appeared.

Rhi didn't know how to deal with it. London had been her escape and a chance for her to begin again. She'd hoped she'd meet someone else to rebuild her trust. Falling in love wasn't easy with dating apps and casual hook ups. 

There was also the small problem of Dylan. She knew she probably had more feelings for him than she let on. He was, after all, fairly well suited for her and he could be compassionate. He was intelligent, magnanimous and entertaining to spend her time with.

But, was he the man for her or was her soulmate the man who had already met her?

The clicking of the kettle pulled Rhi back to reality. Ash had come here to see her; he had travelled all the way. It would be polite to at least hear him out.

Her hands shook as she picked her phone back up and sent three words that, unbeknownst to her, would alter the course of her life.

'I'll see you'