Part 1- New Beginnings.

Just a heads up that the prequel was written mostly in first person, but thats because I started it 5 years ago. My writing since then has really changed so this story will be mostly in third person, enjoy!

--------------------

Rhi wasn't entirely pleased that the tube was late but she couldn't exactly complain. It was late almost every day, and every day the people on the platform would sigh and contain they're anger.

After all, it was London, and the British seemed pretty intent on queuing and keeping their emotions inside. It was well know that the people of Britain were conservative and kept themselves to themselves.

This especially happened on the tube. Rhi had tried to make conversation with one woman who looked at her as if she had two heads and then got back to her book. It was taking her a while to settle into London life.

She just couldn't get her head round all the different lines and had found herself miles from the destination she really wanted. One day she had missed all her classes because she found herself deep in the outskirts of London rather than the centre.

However, she was trying to immerse herself in British culture. Her usual morning routine was a cup of tea followed by a piece of toast. She watched the BBC news before collecting her bag and heading out the door. Rhi wanted to leave the bustle of American life and start a new one in London.

Her new flatmate was particularly welcoming. The first day she'd arrived, her flatmate had thrown a small party with her friends just so Rhi could meet people. They constantly asked her about her accent and what it was like in America, but Rhi smiled the whole time and patiently answered.

She was thankful they'd given her tips and advice on London. They told her the best and cheapest places to eat, the quickest way to get to her college and how to act around certain people. Although, most of the time, the advice of her friends was forgotten and she found that she made a fool of herself.

Sara, her flatmate, had come from Ireland. Sara had an accent that could calm you in seconds. Often, Rhi couldn't wait to get home to rant and Sara would talk and all would feel better in the world. She tended to introduce Rhi to the kind of food she ate in Ireland, and Rhi enjoyed how she welcomed her so quickly.

She found herself every so often mesmerised by Saras red hair. It was like fire and she always managed to plait it or style it really well. Sara every now and then would offer to style Rhis hair and she loved having someone who was so close to her. Saras pale skin, small waist and tall stature made her beautiful and Rhi couldn't stop wondering how she was so pretty. Rhi had leant her clothes often, and Sara seemed to wear them much better than she had done when she wore them in America.

It had been over a month since arriving in London, and the month was October. Rhi found that the British didn't celebrate Halloween as much as the Americans did, but she was throwing a party anyway.

The flat she shared with Sara was larger than she expected. There was a kitchen with various appliances and a cute little island with high seats around it. The coffee machine was Rhis favourite and she enjoyed sitting there on the weekends with a coffee and the paper.

Her room had a double bed and built in wardrobes. Sara had kindly given her the ensuite room, and the bathroom was to die for. The shower was powerful and great after a long day.

Additionally, they had a beautiful view over London. They could see The Shard, The London Eye and The Houses of Parliament from where they were. How they had found the flat at a cheap price was beyond them. Rhi had expected the apartments to be extremely expensive, but this one was rather cheap for being in the centre of London.

As she left the apartments there was a bakery, a small shop and a nice restaurant close to them. Rhi had found the perfect apartment and her roommate was pretty nice too.

Brook had promised to visit at Christmas and said she might even bring Sam with her. They both Skyped her 2 times a week and told her everything she was missing. Nothing much was going on back home, and Rhi didn't expect much gossip.

Sam was doing well in his job and Brooks business was getting so many orders it was unbelievable. They rarely mentioned Ash, and if they did it was just a quick comment about him. Rhi was trying to forget it and start a new life in London.

Rhi and Ash hadn't really left things that well. Ash had told her that moving to London was absurd and irrational. Rhi told him that it was really to move away and get away from him. That left everything slightly awkward.

Brook and Sam came to the airport and Ash hung in the background. He awkwardly said bye and handed her a present before walking off in a mood. She didn't open it until she was on the plane, which was a bad idea.

Ash was hardly a sentimental person, so the present was rather out of the ordinary. He'd wrapped up a framed photo of the two of them and placed an extract of her favourite book inside the present. She was mad at him for it, but she couldn't help put it on her desk and every now and then look at it.

Sure, she was trying to forget everything and start again but she could at least remember the good times. Sara didn't question her past relationship and just knew that Rhi was single. Sara wasn't the kind of person to pry and neither was Rhi.

The tube finally arrived at the station and Rhi joined the herd who were climbing on. She found herself a pole to cling onto just as the tube set off. Her first time using the tube had been terrifying and she found herself falling into 5 different strangers before she found something to hold onto.

In the corner of her eye, she spotted the same guy from her seminar that talked to her all the time. She tried to look away before he noticed her but as they reached her stop he got off at the same time.

She cursed herself as he walked over to her and smiled.

"Hey, Rhi" His light, sandy hair was messy and parted in a quiff style. She smiled back and adjusted her top.

"Hey, Jack" He had a tendency to wear flannel shirts with jeans and converse. His style reminded her a lot of home and what the guy wore at her high school.

"Want to head to the seminar together?" Jack asked as they placed they're tickets in the machine and the gates opened.

"Sure" Rhi smiled back.

------------------------------------

Hope you guys like the sequel, let me know what you think down below!

-StormyWinter x