XVii| Formidable

我不会伤你的心

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎵🇸🇬 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Formindable

"I won't break your heart

if you can brеak my spell"

While Pierre Gasly had done his best to keep Mai Chen away from the media, the two of them knew it wasn't going to stick that way

While Pierre Gasly had done his best to keep Mai Chen away from the media, the two of them knew it wasn't going to stick that way. There was no way of it staying a secret now she's been seen waking through Alpha Tauri either unless people thought she was just another influencer. Rumours were destined to fly soon and Mai rathered it out of the way quickly.

One post to Instagram later and Mai's phone was blowing up in notifications across all social media. Luckily, Mai's Instagram didn't include much of her private life, only things she wanted to be public. She knew Pierre would lose even more of his privacy now people knew he was in a relationship, that was the way it tended to go. Mai didn't want that but she also wanted to be able to hold hands in the street before they were a secret. What kind of life was that?

"Mai Chen, what did you do?" The voice of Huan bellowed down the phone.

Pierre and Mai were on their way to the paddock, having stayed in a hotel together overnight. Popcorn was sitting on the backseat with his head out of the window since Mai hadn't put his harness on (meaning he knew he was off duty).

Luckily, Huan and Mai spoke in Chinese to each other and Mai was positive Pierre didn't understand it so they got some privacy...not that Mai minded Pierre listening in. She didn't really have anything to hide or anything interesting going on.

"Mai, you didn't have to fly all the way to Austin for me," said Pierre as he gripped the steering wheel. "You could have just called or waited till I got back to Milan."

"I felt bad for leaving you so long in the dark...and a phone call is wrong on many levels..." Mai trailed off. "I didn't want you to get over me just for me to say—"

"I'd have never gotten over you in two weeks, Mai," Pierre chuckled. "I can't believe you flew all the way here!"

"I haven't flown alone in year but popcorn means I can now," Mai shrugged. "It was a little weird but it was okay."

Pierre smiled as he pulled into the car park, finding his name to park at. It was always interesting to see all the different cars the drivers got to the circuit in, usually loaned out by the teams.

"Okay, Popcorn, time for your harness," Mai spoke softly as Pierre helped her out of the car.

"You're a good dog," said Pierre to popcorn as he grinned. "Did you look after Mai?"