II Face-To-Face II P.2

面と向かって

                                                                 *    *    *

...I heard the arrow...hit him. I heard him groan in pain but unlike me, he didn't fall, he stood still with his arms wide open still protecting...me. My eyes widened even more in horror and guilt.

Emotions were erupting through my head. Then before I knew it tears were falling down my eyes. I didn't even know who he was! Yet, he still saved me! No, he's risking his life for me! And I...Was on the ground being u-useless.

But before I could do anything. He pulled a long sword and slashed the enemies. As I watched all three men fall to the ground. I never felt more grateful for a person than right now. I glanced at the person who just saved but soon my eyes widened in shock. He collapsed on the ground. I quickly tried getting up then quickly to fall back down.

It was because of the arrow! The arrow still hurts a lot but I bet he's even more hurt than I am. I hated myself for being so weak at the moment. So I forced myself to ignore the pain and get to him fast.

As I got to him I turned his body so he'd face me. I now had a proper look at his face too! He had beautiful raven-coloured hair and pale white skin which matched him well. He was drop-dead gorgeous! (In other words.) That thought made me as red as a tomato.

I then felt a little drizzle. It was going to rain! I worried for a second as the rain got heavier. I started looking around, and then to see a cave. I then grabbed his arms and dragged him to the cave. He was quite heavy and, the arrow in my torso still hurts!

As I set him aside in the cave. I then took a deep breath, grabbing the pack near my waist, and took the bandages out of the bag. I grabbed the bandages and put them aside. I started to take one arrow after another each time I did, and each time he'd groan subconsciously, which scared me at first but now I was used to it. He had six arrows shot at him on his chest. Amazingly, none hit the heart.

I then took a deep breath as to what I had to do now. A small blush spread across my face. I then slowly took off his upper clothing. Revealing his bare chest but what surprised me the most was that he had an eight-pack! "A fucking EIGHT PACK!!! Not even six! It wasn't fair I had to be born with a boring stomach". I complained to myself as my face was flustered red.

I then grabbed the bandages and wrapped them around his chest and wings. While obviously looking away from his eight-pack. After I was done I did the same to my wound. It wasn't at all as serious as his but it still hurt! I glanced at the entrance of the cave, it was still raining...pretty hard too.

I then glanced at the raven-haired boy lying on the floor. A small smile formed on my face. Then looking at the rain. 'I wonder...why you saved me?...Or where you came from?... Maybe your name?' I chuckled right after my thoughts. "Or maybe we could...be friends" I chuckled again. "What am I even talking about no one, and I mean no one wants to be my friend..." "I would if I knew you..." A husky voice from behind me said. "Aghhhhh" I shouted in fear. He groaned in pain from my shout. "Oh...I'm sorry, are you okay?" I asked him as started getting up. "Wait! In your condition, it's best not to move and just lie down," I suggested with worried eyes. He looked at me with an emotionless expression.

"Soo... you're the one who I saved?" He asked with curiosity as he laid back on the futon. I nodded as I was too shy to say a word to him. "Your okay, right?" He asked another question as his onyx eyes shifted to the ceiling of the cave. "Y-yes...sorry for the trouble I probably caused you..." I said while staring at the ground in complete guilt.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked in a confused tone, still staring at the ceiling. My eyes shifted to his body, his chest and wings were covered in bandages, blood still bleeding through them. It just made me even more hurt to hear him say it was nothing, and after all that now he's trying to confront me? I don't even know him, where he's from, not even his...name. An idea sparked. "H-hey, what's your name?" I asked breaking the silence I started. He narrowed his eyebrows and then sighed. "Sasuke..." He answered me, then turned his head towards me expecting an answer. "Oh! Ah, Naruto," I responded then checked the entrance of the cave to see if it had stopped raining. "Well look at that the rain stop!" I said as a big smile formed on my face.

"Umm I'll go find some food, stay here...Sasuke" Naruto reminded me and to that, I gave him a 'tsk' reply. As he left I stared at him until he was out of my sight. I then turned my head to the ceiling for some shut-eye. 'Soo...he's a kitsunee, huh?' I thought as I slowly drifted to sleep.

                                                         *    *    *