Prologue

(A/N: If you are wondering about how similar this is similar to the written story by WeirdQuirkyNerd, it is because that was once my previous account. I speak about in my profile as well, so if you want to know the full story you can view my profile to see the story and how I am trying to rewrite all of my past stories from my previous account. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy the story my lovelies!)

~~~~~ <3 ~~~~~

New York City. A pulsating heart of dreams and desires to become big wherever they see fit, where the towering skyscrapers are not just stone and steel, but the very ladders to the glittering stars that shine so bright in the dark, polluted, night sky. In the midst of this concrete jungle, where every street hums with the promise of opportunity, and honks at every slow pedestrian that dares to cross the bustling streets. It's a city that never sleeps; as do the lives and aspirations of every ongoing person that travels up and down the streets, day by day. As do those who don't walk the streets but instead reside in the shadows by fear of rejection of the outside world but still manage to call this boisterous place their home and will do anything to protect it, night by night. As do all of the ruffians, muggers, and thugs who dare to blaze their path of crime through destruction, greed, hatred, possession, or power. Here, in the midst of multiple monuments and enormous buildings that have witnessed almost a thousand tales, begins another—a tale of perseverance, ambition, family, love, betrayal, mystery, and the relentless pursuit of pondering the question,

"What are we doing again?" an ecstatic, young girl named Amoly quietly whispered in the calm, deafening silence of the late hours of morning. It was supposed to be a stealth mission which required her and her three older sisters: Venus, Larota, and Talena to break into the one of the docks' weapon cargo containers to retrieve the shipment that their Master, Oroku Saki, needed for his devious, master plan. These types of dangerous tasks are filled with silence, skill, experience, and cunningness into the ancient Japanese combat of martial arts that is easily provided by Amoly and her sisters; but the atmosphere soon changed when Amoly decided to open her mouth. Her three older sisters shushed her as they closed in on the shipment needed for their Master. 

As expected, Oroku Saki's entrusted arms dealer for weaponry, Ivan Steranko, was standing guard, waiting for whoever was going to retrieve the shipment. However, in the criminal world, deals and trades are not as easy and ideal compared to the real world. Bargaining occurs, deals change, and minds are persuaded; and for the girls, persuasion and deception are one of their most powerful weapons, aside from their actual weapons. Venus, who is considered the leader amongst the four and grows easily tired at her youngest sister naive nature at times, rolls her eyes and explains the plan to her one more time. 

"Talena and I will deal with Steranko and the shipment, while you and Larota will stand write behind us. If anything goes wrong or not as planned, I'll give one of you the signal to grab the shipment and retreat." Venus stated the plan emphatically.

Larota, the second eldest along with her twin sister Talena, and who was also considered the muscle out of the four, groaned out of irritation. "Remind me exactly why I'm not dealing with the shipment with you two and have to be stuck babysitting Little Miss Sunshine?" She said aggravatedly as she pointed at Amoly, who stuck her tongue out at her older sister. 

Talena, twin sister to Larota and the brains out of all of her sisters, rolled her eyes at her twin's ill-tempered attitude. "Maybe because of your massive temper, that usually gets in the way with majority of our missions." Larota silently glared at her twin, who usually likes to add gasoline to Larota's fiery attitude. "Besides, Amoly's speed and agility can assist her perfectly getting away from Steranko if needed, while you cover her with your strength and aggression."