swim <pt.3>

Tommy, dear, time to come out. You've been in there all morning." Tommy's oldest sister says.
"Isn't it obvious, Daddy? Tommy's in love." The next oldest sister tells their father.
"Tommy? In love?" He says, baffeled.

"O.K. So far, so good. I don't think the king knows. But it will not be easy keeping something like this a secret for long.." Wilbur mutters
"He loves me . . . hmmm, he loves me not. . . . He loves me! I knew it!I gotta see him again - tonight!" The young merman proclaims.
"Tommy, stop talking crazy." Wilbur said.
Scuttle knows where he lives. I'll swim up to his castle. Then Flounder will splash around to get his attention, and then with-" Tommy says.
"Tommy- please. Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs? Tommy? Tommy? Oh . . . somebody's got to nail that boy's fins to the floor..." Wilbur days, shaking his head.
"Sebastian! Sebastian, I've been looking all over for you. I've got an urgent message from the sea king." A seahorse says.
"The sea king?" Wilbur says.
"Yes something about Tommy." The seahorse says.

In palace throne room, Triton looks at the flower Tommy gave him earlier.

"I mustn't overreact. I must remain calm." He says.
"Ah Wilbur there you are! Please, come in!" Triton says.
"Yes- yes, Your Majesty." Wilbur says, walking into the throne room.
"Now, Wilbur, I'm concerned about Tommy. Have you noticed he's been acting peculiar lately?You know, moaning about, daydreaming, singing to himself. . . . You haven't noticed, hmm?I know you've been keeping something from me. . . .In love?" The King asks.
"I tried to stop him, sir. He wouldn't listen. I told him to stay away from humans - they are bad, they are trouble, they -" Wilbur says, getting cut off.
"Humans? WHAT ABOUT HUMANS?" The King demands.
"Humans? Ho ho ho ho. . . . Who said anything about humans?"

"Shroud, why can't you just tell me what this is all about?" Tommy whines.
"You'll see. It's a suprise." Shroud giggles.
"Oh, Shroud- Shroud you're the best! it looks just like him. It even has his eyes. "Why, Ryleigh, run away with you? This is all so - so sudden. . . ." Tommy, says.
He turns around to see his father standing there.
 "Daddy! . . ." Tommy says.
"Contact between the human world and the mer-world is strictly forbidden. Tommy, you know that! Everyone knows that!" Triton shouts.
"He would have died!" Tommy shoots back.
"You don't even know him." His fater says.
"Know him? I don't have to know him." Tommy says, a dreamy look in his eyes. "They're all the same. Spineless, savage, harpooning, fish-eaters, incapable of any feeling!" Triton says
"Daddy, I love him!" Tommy argues
No . . . Have you lost your senses completely? He's a human, you're a merman!" He blasts statue. Tommy begins crying and he leaves, ashamed.

"Poor child." Jsclatt says.
"Poor, sweet child." Minx agrees.
"She has a very serious problem." Schlatt says.
"If only there were something we could do.. minx snickers
But there is something." Schlatt reminds her.
"Who - who are you?" Tommy asks.
"Don't be scared." Minx tells the merman.
We represent someone who can help you." Schlatt says.
Someone who could make all your dreams come true." Minx adds.
"Just imagine-" the two eels say together.
"You and your prince -Together, forever. . . ." Minx says, dreamily.
"I don't understand." Tommy says.
"Ursula has great powers." Schlatt says
"The sea witch? Why, that's - I couldn't possibly - no! Get out of here! Leave me alone!" Tommy shouts.
"Suit yourself." Sclatt says.
"It was only a suggestion." Minx says, flicking the statues face towards Tommy.
"Wait." The merprince says.
"Yeeeeeeeeeess?" The eels say in sync.

"Poor Tommy." Shroud says.
"I didn't mean to tell, it was an accident." Wilbur says with a guilty tone in his voice.
 "Tommy - where are you going?" Shroud says.
"Tommy, what are you doing here with this riff-raff?" Wilbur asks.
"I'm going to see Jack" He tells the two.
"Tommy, no! No, he's a demon, he's a monster!" Wilbur says, trying to make her stay.
"Why don't you go tell my father? You're good at that." Tommy remarks.
"But . . . But, I . . ." Wilbur starts.
"Come on." Tommy says.
"This way. The two eels remark.
 "Come in. Come in, my child. We mustn't lurk in doorways - it's rude. One MIGHT question your upbringing. . . . Now, then. You're here because you have a thing for this human. This, er, prince fellow. Not that I blame you - he is quite a catch, isn't he? Well, angel fish, the solution to your problem is simple. The only way to get what you want - is to become a human yourself." Jack explains.
"Can you do that?" Tommy asks.
"No Tommy!" Wilbur tries to shout.
 "Have we got a deal?" Jack asks.
"If I become human, I'll never be with my father or sisters again." Tommy says.
"That's right. . . . But - you'll have your man. Life's full of tough choices, innit? Oh - and there is one more thing. We haven't discussed the subject of payment. You can't get something for nothing, you know.But I don't have any -I'm not asking much. Just a token, really, a trifle. You'll never even miss it. What I want from you is . . . your voice." Jack tells Tommy.
"My voice?" Tommy says.
"You've got it, sweetcakes. No more talking, singing, zip.But without my voice, how can I -" Tommy says, getting cut off.
"You'll have your looks! Your pretty face! And don't underestimate the importance of body language! Ha!" He says.

"Paluga, sarruga, come winds of the Caspian Sea.
Now rings us glossitis and max laryngitis,
La voce to me!
Now . . . sing!" Jack demands.

Giant magical hands rip out Tommy's voice and give it to jack. He laughs as Tommy is changed into a human and rushed to the surface by shroud and Wilbur.

"That voice. I can't get it out of my head. I've looked everywhere, Tubs - where could he be?" The Prince says to his dog.

On other side of rocks Tommy is washed up. Wilbur and shroud are exausted. Tommy sees his legs and is amazed.
"Well, look at what the catfish dragged in! Look at ya! Look at ya! There's something different. Don't tell me - I got it. It's your hairdo, right? You've been using the dinglehopper, right? No? No huh, well let me see. New . . . seashells? No new seashells. I gotta admit I can't put my foot on it right now, but if I just stand here long enough I know that I'll -" Niki says.
"HE'S GOT LEGS, YOU IDIOT! He traded his voice to the sea witch and got legs.
Jeez, man . . ." Wilbur shouts at the bird.
"I knew that." Niki says.
"Tommy's been turned into a human. He's gotta make the prince fall in love with him, and he's gotta ki- he's gotta kiss him."Shroud says.
 "And he's only got three days. Just look at him. On legs. On human legs! My nerves are shot. This is a catastrophe! What would his father say? I'll tell you what his father'd say, he'd say he's gonna kill himself a crab, that's what his father'd say! I'm gonna march meself straight home right now and tell him just like I shoulda done de minute- and don't you shake your head at me, young man. Maybe there's still time. If we could get that witch to give you back your voice, you could go home with all the normal fish, and just be . . . just be . . . just be miserable for the rest of your life. All right, all right. I'll try to help you find that prince. Boy. What a soft-shell I'm turning out to be." Wilbur says.
"Now, Tommy, I'm tellin' ya, if you wanna be a human the first thing you gotta do is dress like one. Now lemme see.." Niki says, looking around.

1311 words.
What do we think?
Imm write part4 of this now bye Moy little onions.