Chapter 6: The Search for the Mastermind

The next morning, Jacob and Aqua would meet up at the coffee shop in southeast Tokyo trying to come up with the best plan to find the killer, or at least the person responsible for Ai's death. Jacob would get onto his computer and try to find pictures of when the murder happened. He would find a door camera from the other side of the street, but it didn't catch a face or anything. He would also look into the police database for any information about the murder. He would find something and show it to Aqua.

"Short brown hair, hooded, and no glasses" is all the information that the killer possibly would look like. There was nothing else, other than the weapon used, a small knife. They would also see in the police report that the killer committed suicide after murdering Ai. They would try to find anything else to lead to a possible mastermind or manipulator but found nothing. "Guess we have to do this the hard way," Aqua said to Jacob as they packed up their stuff. They would then set off to walk to the east part of Tokyo, where his family lived when Ai was killed. They would visit where Ai was buried. "We will find the person who caused this, mother," Aqua said as both of them teared up a bit.

They would then visit Ai's house. They would go to Aqua's room, where they would formulate a plan to find the mastermind. The plan was Aqua would explore the north and west parts of Tokyo as Jacob would explore the south and east parts of Tokyo. They would split up and start their plan. About five hours into the plan, they would call to see if anything was found but nothing was.

Whenever Jacob finished the call, he would notice a suspicious person. Jacob would walk to the guy and ask about Ai. The guy would immediately run away from him. Jacob called the cops and then Aqua, saying he possibly found someone responsible. Aqua would get there as fast as possible as the police tried to surround him. However, the suspicious man would run into an esports arena where a LAN event was happening.

The police surrounded the building as Jacob and Aqua waited behind them. After around 45 minutes, Jacob and Aqua would notice the man running at them, with something in his hands. They saw that it was a knife and they started to panic. Jacob knew the person was running toward him, so he decided to try to fight him. When the person got close to Jacob, he would trip him, making the person drop his knife.

Jacob and the hooded man would start a fistfight, scaring all of the nearby pedestrians. He had no experience in actual combat, so he struggled a bit. He did, however, block the suspicious person's punches very well. Jacob could easily tell that the person was under the influence of something, but did have a crazed look in his eye, looking like he was planning this or something. Jacob would get one good hit onto the hooded person, and he would fall back. Jacob would look at Aqua, who was running back from getting the police, but that would be a mistake.

The person would grab his knife and stab Jacob in the chest. Jacob would cough up blood as he fell to the ground. The moment it happened; the police would trample on the person as Aqua ran to Jacob. Aqua would put pressure on Jacob's wound as he screamed for the police to call for the ambulance. "SOMEONE PLEASE HELP HIM" he screamed as he teared up, not wanting to lose a friend. About 5 minutes later, the EMS would get Jacob and send him to the emergency room, Aqua with him.

A few minutes later, the ambulance would arrive at the ER and Jacob would be sent inside the hospital. Aqua would cry in the waiting room, not wanting to lose Jacob. A few hours later, Aqua would receive great news. "Jacob will be fine. The knife would not go through any organs at all, just go through the muscles in his chest. He will rest here for about a week and should be good to go" was all that Aqua wanted to hear as he hugged the doctor in joy.

A week later, Aqua would go see Jacob. Jacob was awake but not fully recovered. He was still very sore. Aqua would tell Jacob that the person who stabbed him was sent by someone to possibly kill Jacob. Jacob was overjoyed to hear that the police caught him, but nervous over who would want him dead. The person's name was Riku, and he was charged with murder and attempted murder, as well as other charges. Jacob was confused with why he was charged with murder, but didn't want to think about it while recovering

Jacob would get discharged from the hospital a few hours later, and Aqua would walk Jacob to his house. When he returned home, his mother would hug him tightly, but also safely to not hurt him. Jacob's mom would thank Aqua a ton for helping him and keeping him safe. His mom was worried sick whenever she saw it on the news and called the hospital when he was sent there. She was as relieved as Aqua was when they heard his condition. Jacob's mom would allow Aqua to stay at his house as long as he wanted to.