Chapter 2- Tragedy strikes for Jacob

Everything was going well for Jacob. He was fitting well in America and fitting well into his team, led by 2-time MVP, Proper. Proper was impressed by Jacob's skill. San Francisco's coach was also impressed with his skill, especially during scrims, that he started alongside Proper at the start of the season.

The very first game was against state rival Los Angeles Gladiators. This game was also in front of fans, which made Jacob very nervous, but Proper helped him calm those nerves. "Welcome to the first game of the 2025 Overwatch League Season," said caster Uber alongside Mr. X. The casting duo started talking about Jacob, going under his Overwatch username "Ghoul" and how hyped of a rookie he was.

The first map would start off a little slow for Jacob, as he would only get a couple of final blows on the first point. After that Jacob really fired up, getting 75% of the final blows the rest of the map, which the Shock won. After that, Jacob continued the fire as they swept the Gladiators 3-0. After the match, Jacob would receive Player of the Match and get interviewed. He mainly talked about his goal and how quickly he got comfortable with the team.

After the team meeting and before dinner, Jacob would go to his parents and hug them tightly. They told him how proud they were of him. He would thank them for everything before he went back to the team and left the venue for the team dinner. He would enjoy the dinner, even learning more about each player. When he got back home, his parents would talk to him.

"Legendary Japanese Idol Ai Hoshino was stabbed and killed in her home" was a thought that Jacob couldn't get out of his head for weeks. Even during his Overwatch League games, he would just think about that, leading the Shock to lose the next three games. After a long conversation with his coach, he would get back to his normal self, but not after getting a phone call from his mom.

"Your dad was killed in a car crash" brought him to the ground in tears. Everyone on the team helped support him as much as they could, with him deciding to take a break for a month. During this month, the Shock would go 3-3 and barely make the Spring Stage Knockouts. He took this time to go back to Japan and stay with his mom and other family. He and his mom would return to America a few weeks before Knockouts. Jacob would continue practice and scrimmage with his team.

On the day of Spring Stage Knockouts, Jacob would return to the lineup, fully focused and committed. Proper looked at him and gave him a little talk before their first game. That weekend, the Shock didn't drop a map as they qualified for Midseason Madness. In the interview after the game that Jacob gave was very emotional, as he told them about what happened to his father and that after a month break, he got more confident and focused than ever.

When Midseason Madness arrived, everyone in Jacob's family showed up in the arena in Texas to support him. He and his team would steamroll every team, before falling just short to the Dallas Fuel in the Winner's Finals. In the Lower Bracket, the Shock would dominate the Atlanta Reign 3-0 to make it to the Grand Finals against the Dallas Fuel.

The series was an absolute nail-biter, back and forth. Jacob would deadlift map 1, but struggle in maps 2 and 3. He would pick it up maps 3 and 4, bringing Shock to series point. They would drop Map 6 barely, bringing the series to a final Map 7.

Proper would know this feeling, having the same thing happen in 2022. However, he was ready to not have the same thing happen again. Jacob and Proper would dominate that map, giving the Shock the win. "The San Francisco Shock are your Midseason Madness champions!!" yelled the casters as the team hugged each other. Everyone in Jacob's family was super happy, especially his mother. Jacob and Proper would hug it out as the team lifted the trophy.

Jacob would receive MVP of the Midseason Madness tournament. Again, being emotional, Jacob said that this win was for his father. The amount of support after that was amazing, as every player from the teams at the tournament came out and hugged him. Jacob looked up to the sky "This was for you dad."