Chapter 14: The Incident

Jacob would continue his sword training for several months, becoming one with his flame power and his sword. He was more confident than ever about his fighting style, even without his kagune. He would look up to the sky, "Doing this for you Shizue-san", he would say as he completed his training for the day. He would go to eat dinner and rest.

Yuuki was making up some plans to investigate the Forest of Jura. He would have an evil smile on his face. He planned to make a disturbance in Jura to have Demon Lord Rimuru investigate the disturbance and have Jacob fight him. He thought that it was foolproof. He would laugh as he finished making his plans. He was ready to execute this plan. Yuuki would look through the plan before eating and going to bed.

The next morning, there would be a ceremony to rank Jacob up in the Ingrassia army. He was now second in command. He would take this with honor. Yuuki would shake his hand and have a smile on his face, even though it looked a bit forced. After the ceremony, Jacob and Yuuki would have dinner together. Yuuki was not ready to tell him the mission to investigate Jura, so he talked about the great things about the nation, which made Jacob a little skeptical. Yuuki would congratulate Jacob on his rank up before heading home.

Jacob would roam around the capital before heading to his house to rest for the night. He felt a bit of unease when he was talking to Yuuki like he was planning something. He would disregard it before he fell asleep. The next morning, Jacob would do his normal training routine before he was told to Yuuki's office. When he arrived, Yuuki would tell him his plans. This is when Jacob would decide whether to trust Yuuki or not.

Yuuki would tell Jacob his next mission, which was to investigate disturbances in the Forest of Jura. Jacob would look in worry, knowing that the Demon Lord Rimuru Tempest resided in that forest. Yuuki told Jacob that there was nothing to worry about and that he would give him 5-7 extra soldiers to join him. Jacob would sigh and say, "I'll do it Yuuki." What Jacob didn't know was the extra steps to the plan that Yuuki did not tell him.

He would gather up 6 strong soldiers and meet with Yuuki to get a map to go to Jura without any delays. As soon as Jacob and his men would walk toward the forest of Jura, he would give a call to a certain individual. She would deny helping Yuuki with his plan, which shocked Yuuki. "Why should I trust you after last time", she would say as she walked toward where Jacob and his men went.

After several days of walking, Jacob and his men would finally make it to the Forest of Jura. They would start to walk around the forest. Jacob would have to fight several magical monsters as they traveled deeper into the forest. This is when someone would very quickly take off his eyepatch. He would look around and see some guy in white running away and dropping his eyepatch on the ground. He would squint and try to identify the person, which kind of looked like Yuuki. This is when he looked at his squad before he started to lose control.

Jacob's kakugan would start to glow as his kagune would grow from his back. Jacob's men would back up a bit before one charged at him. His kagune would catch fire, a deep red fire, as he stabbed the first soldier. The soldiers would all charge him at the same time, trying to defend themselves. Jacob would get stabbed in the shoulder but would shrug it off. He would create a huge dark red fireball and hit multiple soldiers. He would then stab the rest of the soldiers, killing them all. He would then regain control of his body before passing out.

In the Jura Tempest Foundation, Souei would notify Rimuru about a massive aura disturbance in the Forest of Jura. Rimuru, with Ranga, would quickly go to where the disturbance was. In the forest, the strange lady would watch as Jacob killed all the soldiers in fear as she watched from far away. She was interested in Jacob's power, so she would watch him from afar.