Chapter 16: Rimuru Welcomes Jacob

Once Rimuru got back into the town, Ranga would take him to the medical building, where they would care for Jacob while he was passed out. An hour later, Jacob would wake up, surrounded by hobgoblins. Everyone was interested in what Rimuru brought. Jacob was slightly scared when he woke up. A tall, muscular hobgoblin would try to calm him down, "Hey everything is alright."

Once Jacob finally calmed down, everyone would introduce themselves to him. Rigurd, the head of the hobgoblins, was especially interested in Jacob, feeling his incredible aura. This is when Rimuru and a red-headed Kijin would walk into the room. "Welcome to Tempest. I never got the chance to ask for your name" Rimuru would tell him. "My name is Jacob Izawa," he would respond. Rimuru would freeze at Jacob's response.

Rimuru would have flashbacks to Shizue Izawa and the time he had before she died. He would slightly tear up a bit. "So you are related to Shizue-san," Rimuru would ask Jacob. He would nod and tell them that he was actually her great-grandnephew. Everyone was shocked. Jacob would then tell them about his family and what he did in his previous life. "So you were reincarnated into this world?" Rimuru would ask. "No, I was summoned here," Jacob would respond.

Rimuru would look more surprised as he asked who summoned him. "Yuuki Kagurazaka, my previous leader," Jacob would say to Rimuru. Rimuru would think about it for a bit, thinking about how strong Yuuki truly was that he could summon someone from another life. After a few minutes of questions and answers, Rimuru would take Jacob on a little tour of the town.

"This is a very nice town you have, Rimuru." Rimuru would smile and thank him, telling Jacob about all the work he had done to make and keep the town safe. "So, what other kind of power do you have, Jacob?" Rimuru would ask. "I have fire powers with my sword and dark ghoul powers with my kagune." Rimuru was impressed with the skills and power Jacob had. "You are easily S-Rank," Rimuru would respond.

"The thing is, I have no control over my ghoul powers. Every time I even look at someone with my kakugan, I lose control of my power," Jacob would look down as he said it. Rimuru would try to comfort him, while also looking at his eyepatch. "I would like to help you, Jacob. You could easily become one of my strongest subordinates." He would then lead Jacob to his meeting room while telling all his subordinates to the room.

Once they arrived in the room, Jacob would notice all of Rimuru's subordinates. "This is Jacob Izawa. I am going to help him with his power," Rimuru said to all of his subordinates. All of them would look at Jacob and bow to him, welcoming him into Tempest. The red-headed Kijin, named Benimaru, would walk to Jacob and say, "You seem very strong and smart already. You'll be a great fit into Tempest." Jacob would acknowledge him.

As soon as the meeting was over, Rimuru would get some people to make a feast for the evening. Rimuru and Jacob would stay in the meeting room and talk. Jacob would tell Rimuru about what Yuuki did to him during the time he was in the Kingdom of Ingrassia, including the times Yuuki took off Jacob's eyepatch during battle and before Rimuru found him. Rimuru would listen to his story before asking Jacob, "When would you like to start training?" "Tomorrow if possible," Jacob would respond. Rimuru would nod "Tomorrow it is. This will not be easy and we won't stop daily training until you obtain full control of your powers," Rimuru would say before going to the town square with Jacob. They would enjoy their feast with everyone in town before showing Jacob where he would live.