Chapter 21: Bonds of Understanding

The encounter with Hinata Sakaguchi lingered in Jacob Izawa's thoughts as he made his way back to the Jura Tempest Federation. The forest path stretched before him, the trees whispering tales of the past and possibilities of the future. Upon reaching the gates of the Federation, Jacob was greeted by familiar faces. Rimuru Tempest stood at the forefront, his presence reassuring and welcoming. The citizens of the Federation bustled around, each engaged in their daily activities.

"Welcome back, Jacob," Rimuru greeted with a smile. "I hope your journey was fruitful." Jacob nodded, a hint of contemplation in his expression. "It was eventful, to say the least. But I've learned a lot and encountered someone unexpected." Rimuru's curiosity was piqued. "Oh? Do tell me more."

Jacob shivered as he first recalled his encounter with Yuuki Kagurazaka and what he did to him. Rimuru looked in disbelief as he heard what Jacob had to go through. He then recounted his encounter with Hinata Sakaguchi, Rimuru listened intently, absorbing the details of their battle and the intriguing conversation that followed. Rimuru's keen insight detected the nuances in Jacob's tale, sensing a depth of connection between him and Hinata beyond the surface. "I see," Rimuru said thoughtfully. "It seems your encounter with Hinata holds significance beyond a mere skirmish. Bonds are formed in unexpected places, Jacob. Perhaps there's more to explore between you two."

Jacob nodded, acknowledging Rimuru's words. Despite the intensity of their fight, a sense of understanding had blossomed between him and Hinata. Their shared heritage and the paths they walked seemed to converge in unexpected ways. Days turned into weeks, and life in the Federation continued with its usual rhythm. Jacob resumed his duties, utilizing the skills he had honed during his training with Rimuru, while also trying to gain complete control of his power. But thoughts of Hinata lingered, her enigmatic presence leaving an impression on him.

One day, as Jacob trained in the outskirts of the Federation, a faint sound caught his attention. A rustling in the bushes drew his focus, and before he could react, Hinata emerged from the foliage. "Jacob," Hinata greeted, her demeanor composed yet inviting. Jacob's heart skipped a beat at her unexpected appearance. "Hinata, what brings you here?"

Hinata stepped forward, a serene smile gracing her lips. "I wanted to continue our conversation from the forest. There's much we have yet to explore about each other's pasts." A warmth spread through Jacob as he realized the sincerity in Hinata's words. They spent hours exchanging stories, delving into their own backstories, and discovering the common threads that connected their lineages. As they conversed, a deeper understanding grew between them, unraveling layers of shared experiences and emotions.

Through the tales of their ancestors and their own personal struggles, a bond began to form. They found solace in each other's company, a connection forged not only by their powers but also by their shared journey and the weight of their legacies. As the sun dipped below the horizon, Hinata bid farewell, her gaze lingering on Jacob with a newfound warmth. "Until we meet again, Jacob. There's much more for us to uncover."

Jacob watched her retreating figure, a sense of anticipation stirring within him. There was an unspoken promise in the air, a promise of future encounters, and the exploration of a connection that seemed to transcend time and circumstance. With a smile tugging at the corners of his lips, Jacob returned to the heart of Tempest, his heart brimming with a newfound sense of camaraderie and the excitement of what the future might hold.

When he returned, he would walk up to Rimuru "I would like a more intense training starting tomorrow." "I can do that since you want to fully control your form," Rimuru responded. For the next month while nothing serious was going on, Jacob, Rimuru, along with Hakurou and Benimaru would help Jacob improve his sword skills, fire skills, and fully control his form. After the long training, Rimuru would get a message from a certain Primordial.