Round 8- Heart of Stone (Ghost of a chance)

Prompt: Your challenge should you choose to accept it, is to write a 3000-word story. Your story must be a spinoff of a popular action based (movie/book/show/game/anime)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, what's the plan?" Rachel said. She looked astonishing in the pearl white dress.

"You go in. Show them how strong you are and nobody will bother to even look at you." Jack said.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

All of them were sitting on the table waiting for Rachel to make the first move and she stood up rather effortlessly. She took long strides until she reached the stage and took a deep breath, and then she grabbed the microphone.

"LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO, AH HA, LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO!......"

And the crowd went wild, literally wild, they were inconsolable, and they were enraged to the point where they wanted to throw food at Rachel. I and Jack grabbed her and showed her out of the exquisite yet minute restaurant. By the moment we were out and the chilly cold air hit my nose, we were cackling.

"Rachel you might be an extremely trained agent but you can't sing to save your life," I replied.

"Keya, you don't have to be so mean-"

"Oh, she's not being mean, the whole crowd in there wanted to smoothen you to death before you finish that song. Statistics say 100 out of 100."

"There were not even a 100 people in that restaurant it was so petit-" Rachel sheepishly tugged at Jack's shoulder.

The empty street was lit by lampposts and a few pedestrians while a homeless man sat on the corner of the street. The city was quieter this time of the year. I was getting used to the cold, and having friends, the idea of putting my total trust into somebody petrified me, but it also couldn't be any other than Rachel and Jack, and they had come to save me from the prison. I won't ever forget that.

"Tomorrow at 9 a.m. meet at the Sahara Square," Rachel said dragging me back to reality.

"Aye aye, boss!" I pulled up my right hand to salute her.

"STOP IT!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tomorrow 9 a.m.

It was a standard white van, inconspicuous, a standard setup in the back of the van. A computer interference setup for me, and a load of weapons for the others. I was trained for a couple of months on the job, to use a weapon not just to kill but to save others also. The way you put your finger on the side of the gun, not at the tip of the trigger where if get agitated you suddenly pull a trigger and end someone's life. A lot of simple changes for me, Jack not so much he barely made it out; he was rather skilled at getting information out not himself out of a situation. Whereas Rachel, was the domain of both of our complex personas mixed and neither altogether; she didn't know anything of the tech verse and she couldn't solve a puzzle with half the pieces but Jack could. We were a team, everyone putting their part and effort.