IX

CHAPTER 9:

SERENA TOMA;

"Want to help me bring snacks into the living room?"Elijah asks me.

I just stare at him as he leans against the counter, he makes me nervous, he gives me this feeling in my stomach that gives me the chills. I've never felt it around someone, not even with my past boyfriends.

I snap out of my gaze and look down towards the cup in my hands before looking back up,"Um yeah sure."

His eyes tear away from mine as he walks toward the pantry, he opens it and I'm immediately met with so many snacks.

There's gushers, brownies, choclate, donuts, skittles, life savers, kitkats, hot cheetos, hot funyuns, doritos, the lemon oreos, the regular oreos, cheez-its, muffins, nutty buttys, granola bars, and much more. I could go on and on about Sofia's snacks because she has so many. I never thought it was possible to have this many in the first place.

My smile widens as does my eyes and I run up beside Elijah like a little kid that can't wait to have sugar.

He looks down at me raising an eyebrow at my change in mood. I shrug.

I lift my shirt up slightly to make a bowl out of my shirt to hold the snacks and I just start grabbing random things that I see. Some of these I've never even tried.

I grab donuts, choclate, candy, some small bags of chips, the pack of gushers, the brownies that are in a plastic bag, and so much more. My shirt is practically overflowing with snacks.

I hear a laugh from beside me and I look up to see Elijah throwing his head back, holding a hand to his mouth trying to stifle his laughter.

I glare at him,"What?"

He continues to laugh between his words,"I-It's just..hahaha...you got so eager and just started grabbing everything in your sight."

"So?"

"Nevermind I just thought it was funny."He coughs trying to stop himself from laughing anymore.

That is until his facial expression turns dead serious and his brows furrow.

What is he thinking about?

"Serena."

I roll my eyes and mock him,"Elijah."

He turns up and meets my eyes, his cold, and serious nothing like they were mere seconds ago.

"What happened?"He questions.

"Huh? What the hell are you on about?" I raise a brow.

He drags a hand down his face,"Where did you get that bruise from? It's huge."

My face goes pale and all I hope for is that he doesn't notice the change in my expression.

I look down and see that since my shirt is in a shape of a bowl you can now see the dark bruise that spreads around my stomach.

I nervously chuckle meeting his eyes as I try to sound as believable as possible answering his question,"Oh that? Ha..I fell down from the top of the stairs the other day."