Thirteen

*Theo*

I watched him pull up through the doorbell camera. Owen had gone to the supermarket, having run out of whatever he needed to make his breakfast in the morning. I wasn't listening. Didn't really care. He did, however, tell me not to leave the house so someone was here when Lil got dropped off from her date.

That got my attention.

She'd gone on a fucking date.

The reason we were in tonight had jack shit to do with him not wanting to go out or wanting to spend some 1 on 1 time with me. No. It had everything to do with needing a second pair of hands here in case this guy was an ass. The very same reason I'd been dragged over to MTU in the first place when I mentioned I'd seen her in the back of a friends selfie who was over there. I didn't stalk her. She'd posted it online.

I'd kept a very close eye on her story since he mentioned that and sat down on the other sofa, unable to sit still. Owen ended up working out just to take his mind off her being out. Meanwhile I was just sat here. Stewing in it.

She wasn't supposed to still be here when I came home with Jen on Wednesday. Owen said she'd be gone by 9. I waited until half past to come home. I just needed to blow off some steam. Things had been a little awkward with Lil since I took her home after the bar and with Owen going on and on and on about how stupid I was to 'follow the guy inside' after he'd 'let go of her', him going on about Lilah being naïve and a whole host of other things, I needed something quick and complication free. That's what Jen is. Normality. My sex life that doesn't involve someone I can't have but that I'm crushing on like a teenager.

The guy ran around the car, helping her out of his shitty little 2 door, held her hand up to the front door. I could hear her laughing from behind the door and I swear, it sunk a knife into my chest, thinking about someone else making her laugh when it should be me.

I scowled at the camera, jumping out of my spot as he went to kiss her. Not a chance in hell. No one is touching her lips but me. I pulled the door open, making their heads slam together with the shock.

"Am I interrupting something?" I raised an eyebrow at her. If looks could kill, it was this one. She stared at me. Wrinkles on the inside edge of both her brows.

"Piss off Golding." I hate when she calls me that. It feels impersonal. Like she hasn't had my tongue in my neck whilst pulling on my shirt and asking me not to stop. Lil's hand landed on my chest, pushing a lot harder than I was expecting her to manage. I took a few staggard steps back and she pulled the door closed. There was muffled laughter and rather than leaving it like I probably should, I did it again. Stepped forward, pulled the door open, grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside. "THEO!" Better.

"Say goodnight."

"I'm not-" I shrugged, closing the door behind us both.

"Get the hell off me. Who the FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! OWEN GET YOUR ASS-"

"He's not here."

"Where- you know what? Doesn't matter. Get off me."

"No." I pulled her through to the kitchen, out of view if Owen didn't happen to come in right now. "What the fuck was that?"

"What?" Lilah pulled at my hand wrapped around her wrist. "A date? Never seen one? Usually, the guy picks you up and you go out to do somethin-"

"I know what a date is Lilah." Her nose crinkled when I pushed her up to the wall. "He was going to kiss you."

"And?" She stared up at me, still holding that same pissed off expression that was making me rock fucking hard. "Wait- oh my god-" She laughed sarcastically. "You're jealous over me kissing some other guy. So let me get this right... You kiss me twice, tell me I deserve better than having my first time that specific Saturday night, then barely speak to me for 2 weeks, bring another girl home to fuck her. Literally walk her right through the door whilst I'm leaving and take her upstairs with not even a word. No message since then, 3 days ago. But I can't have my first date with a guy that's interested in me? Sure. Makes perfect sense. Let go of me, right now."