The landscape was captivating, truly awe-inspiring.

Well, it would be if the caravan wasn't stuck in the frozen creek.

Somehow one of the trucks got its axle stuck on a rock like ice formation protruding out of the creek bed and ruined the breaks of the back right tire.

43 men behind him, and the other 207 men moved on ahead to help aid in the battlefield and give much needed supplies.

His uniform didn't look any different in order to allow him to blend in with the lower ranks, snowy white camo and a stupidly sturdy helmet that kept all his brains in there.

"Sniper!"
A voice called out over the radio but nobody reacted, such as protocol.

Very calmly they listened to whoever was speaking on the radio as they gave information on where the sniper was. They were on the northern portion of the woods, about 6 meters on the cliff.

They should be delt with soon, but no telling as they were taking down the drones being sent after them and the location would take a few days to reach on foot.

So, they all walked and crouched down on the southern side of their tanks and trucks. In hopes the bullets weren't strong enough to shoot through the armor of the vehicles.

"Hey..uh, man!"
Tord didn't realize someone was talking to him as protocol also for a sniper was never to say "Sir" or salute as then the sniper would know who was important enough to shoot.

Someone got his attention and he shuffled his way to the front of the caravan to the stuck ammunition truck and grimmised.

They got snagged in a tire trap.

It was a big jabbed up piece of metal that welded itself to the undercarriage of the truck and stopped any sort of tire rotation or turning whatsoever.

He looked at the men who called him over rather confused.

"The fuck do you want me to do about it?? You're the mechanic!"

They looked at each other for a moment before speaking.
"There's a signal jammer is on it"

He shrugged once more, still not knowing how the hell he was supposed to help with that.
"Take it off then"

"It's one of those ones that blow up, so-uh... We have to think of something else!"

Tord glared at him
"Well, what the hell do you want me to do about it!
If the truck's lost, empty it out and blow up whatever we can't take with us!"

He sighed, long and tired it sounded
"We've got till 1600, the search party goes and comes for us after that. I don't want them wasting resources on us. So, let's get the hell out of here!"

The men began scrambling to take crate after crate out of the back of the truck and find some space in the others for it.

Only 15 crates of ammunition remained in the truck, so after everyone was clear Tord ordered the muzzle of their tank pointed at it.