Little warrior

*April 1820*

It was the day of the Gouverneurs son's funeral, I wasn't really interested in going there but I did just to be there for Rebekah. I was wearing a black dress and a matching hat with red details.

After the ceremony was over we went out in the Gouverneur's garden when we saw a little black boy, he was between 9 and 12, being beaten up by one of the Gouverneur's friends. We watched the boy throwing an apple at the man, I laughed a little before Klaus went up to the man and killed him. The boy was shocked and scared, I walked over to him and kneeled down, he looked at me with fear in his eyes.
"Don't be scared, I won't hurt you." I said with a nice and calm voice, trying the comfort him.
"Who are you?" he asked quietly.
"My name is Mrs Mikaelson, but you can call me Lucy if you want. What is your name?" I smiled at him warmly and he smiled back.
"I don't have a name..." he said and Klaus came up behind me.
"You're a survivor and survivors need names." Klaus kneeled down next to me and the boy.
"What about we give him a name?" he turned to me.
"Yeah, what about Marcellus, it means 'Little warrior'?" I asked the boy and his eyes were shining when he looked at us.
"Marcellus..." he whispered so quiet that we could only hear it with our vampire ears.
"Do you wanna come with us Marcellus? We could teach you how to read and write and how to fight. We would care for you." Klaus asked.
"We could be your family." I added and the boy nodded.

So we went to the Gouverneur and talked to him and even though I didn't believe it would work to get him out of there, we did it

So we went to the Gouverneur and talked to him and even though I didn't believe it would work to get him out of there, we did it. He was part of  our family now.

When we arrived at our home Marcellus' eyes widened.
"You live here?" he asked starring at the house.
"Yes, and you will get your own room! Let me show you around." Klaus took has hand and showed him the garden and the house, while me and Rebekah cleaned and furnished his room on the attic. We wanted to do it on our own because we wanted it to be perfect. When they came upstairs and came into the room Marcellus eyes widened even more, he was so happy and that made me happy.

In the next months Marcellus became a big part of the family. He saw me as his mother and Klaus as his father, he always looked up to us and we loved him like a son. Elijah taught him how to read and write and brought him to theaters. Rebekah and Klaus taught him fighting. He loved us, but we knew the day would come and on this day the one thing I said to Klaus was: "It's time Niklaus..."