Chapter 9||Fated

(Khaddi's pov)

My alarm suddenly goes off on my nightstand as I got up immediately from my bed to turn it off, it was currently 7:00 am and I had to head out to the track field for practice. Usually I didn't like washing up or doing my skin routine before practice when I was just gonna sweat all day and our coach works us to death. Coach Green offered me a chance to join the track team when he saw me practice out on the track field during my freshman year at JCU.

I went into the bathroom to tie my hair up in a ponytail and put some toothpaste on my toothbrush. After that, I get dress putting my sport shorts on, putting some joggers on over them cause it's usually cold in the morning, Put my crop top on and layered it with a Nike zip up hoodie, already packed my duffel bag and headed out the door.

I headed out towards the shuttle bus for students, I usually like taking the shuttle since it's the fastest and most reliable transportation specially for JCU students which I think is pretty cool. Plus I live further away from the campus, I had plenty of money saved up to get my own apartment instead of have a roommate living in the dorms plus this time around I wanted to live on my own, have my own space to breath.

As of right now, I'm trying to look for jobs because I need that savings for other things other than depending on that money to pay my rent. I've been looking into probably doing a work from home but honestly I need to be out in the world, socializing with others and having that contact with people, because last semester I was being introverted, in my house, being depressed.

I wanted to kick this semester off with a good start. I finally arrived on the campus, after getting off the shuttle I walk over to the track field where I saw a couple of girls already out on the track field and some sitting on the bleachers socializing, stretching and running in place, doing warm ups. I walked up to the bleachers, sating my bag down, starting to begin my warm ups and stretches.

After a few seconds I suddenly see Coach Green approaching us and everybody gets up suddenly as if we were in a classroom and the teachers enters the room.

"Goodmorning girls, slept well? Good cause we're going to be doing a few lapse today just so I can see where everyone is at; Okay let's begin!",Coach spoke blowing the whistle signaling us to go out on the track and get in position

As I was about to approach the field,

"Hey! Khaddi it's good to have you back, good luck",Coach speaking encouraging words to me

That honestly felt good hearing that from Coach, Coach would always give me words of encouragement I mean not that he didn't encourage all the girls but we also had a good bonded relationship so hearing that from him, felt like a nice warm hug after long days of  hardships.
________________________________________________________________
After finishing with some practice and showering and changing, I headed to my first class of the day which was Personal Finance. I might as well prepare for the long day because Coach Green was not playing about the first practice and he most definitely worked us today.

Finally hitting the class, I see most of the seats were taken which is understandable, personal finance was common among classes that most college students took. Trying to search for a seat, I see that there was an available seat, I walked over to take a seat once I settled in, I heard the guy next to me speak.

"Hey it's you again, Kayla isn't it right?",he said

"Oh hey, and no it's not Kayla it's Kha-ddi", I spoke, giving him a sassy jokingly tone

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, well nice to see you again Ms. Khaddi",he said, flashing that nice bright smile at me and that nice baritone voice

"So.... Where you just coming from?", he asked

"I just came from track practice",I said

"Okay I knew there was something athletic about you but I wasn't sure of which sport but now that you say track it makes sense",he said looking forward, pretending like he was paying attention to what the teacher was saying

I smiled to myself, trying not to show I wasn't blushing.

"So how is JCU treating you so far?",I asked

"JCU is treating me just fine but I'm glad I mate you, you just made the semester even better",he said looking at me this time, once again flashing that beautiful smile

I blushed once again, at this point he's just trying to make my cheeks hurt with that nice baritone voice, chiseled jaw line, perfect skin, and most importantly that beautiful white smile. I tried to shift my focus to the class but sitting next to this boy, gave me butterflies. "How did I end up sitting next to the most great looking guy in the college? I mean he just got here but I bet he's making head turns and girls flirting with him"

But I tried to shift my focus on more important things in my life as much as I would like to have a relationship, I knew that I didn't want to give myself that distraction and focus on getting better in track but also making sure I was on top of my classes and acing my grades.

Plus focusing on getting a job so I can continue paying my rent and also just not letting my mother down and be a good at whatever it is that I'm getting into. That's why I knew I had to do the Fashion & Arts, cause it was something I was passionate about other than track. Fashion & Art was actually my first love believe or not.

The class was soon enough over and I headed towards the food court since I didn't have time to get breakfast before heading out the door, James suddenly caught up to me.

"Slow down, let me catch up with you",he said jokingly

He definitely knows he has a great smile cause he couldn't stop smiling, I can't imagine him showing any other emotion, that's how much he smiled.

"Oh sorry I moved too fast for you", I said jokingly

"Yeah now it makes sense why you run track",he said

We both shared a laugh,

"Where you heading too? the food court?", he guessed

"Why yes I am, I'm starving, I didn't have time this morning to make breakfast",I said

"Oh no would you like me to make you breakfast one day? I know how to make some nice hash browns, omelets, and pancakes",he said

"Sounds amazing, I'll just have to take you up on your offer one day",I said jokingly leaning into him

I couldn't stop blushing with James, I wanted to get to know him more, even though I promised myself not distract myself with people, James was a cool guy so far which made me curious about him. I don't know maybe he'll change my mind. But then again for some reason since I last mate Amber, I felt something so familiar from her, I felt very comfortable with talking to her, she was playing in the back of my mind and her energy, her energy was strong, I couldn't exactly describe it.

The way she made those dumplings and the way she showed me, now I knew how to make dumplings. Also I ended up getting her number and after that day, we couldn't stop texting each other, the conversations were endless then we ended up talking til 4 AM in the morning. Did I like two people at the same time?