Chapter Thirty Four

When the day ended at Winters Enterprises a few months later I walked out of the elevator with Angelina not far behind, her long strides matching mine as we made our way out to the car that had been chosen for the day which was a gloss black Lamborghini Miura SV with silver accents. My family loved Italian vehicles, though now I was really the only one who bought new versions of them since I had been feeding into the secretive Winters Family Trust that not a single person in our family actually knew what was in there but considering the long history of the family it was likely incredibly substantial what had been stashed away over the years.

The history of my family alone meant that whoever actually chose to open that trust would likely find hundreds of millions in assets that had been locked away. Even if trade had been part of the original wealth built by Johnathan Vynters almost two hundred years ago, it had only gotten worse when his son started to increase the slave trade. Death permeated the rise of my family which was probably why anything that related to war was dismissed as an option after World War II. My parents had talked about what was in there but they only wanted the Winters Family Estate that had been preserved since its construction in nineteen twenty-one where the publicly accepted original Winters family man was born and since then the family's wealth was more clearly defined but before then no one had a clue what the family actually possessed all we knew was that the trust held various investments, properties, and assets that were safeguarding the future of the family if it ever was needed.

I hadn't ever asked about it though, and if there really was that much it should be left alone and I'd combine it with my own children's trusts and they could have rights to the trust that our family had put together over the past two centuries.

Though not one of my family had ever bothered to buy a Lamborghini.

Rounding the car and opening the passenger door I watched Angelina slip into the vehicle as she flashed me a small smile before she pulled the door shut leaving me to walk around the classic car and get in.

"I still can't believe that all your success, and you buy classic cars, it suits you though. Staying out of all of the glitz and glamour that new money like me buys" Angelina remarks looking around the impeccably maintained interior.

"Classic cars have always been a favourite of mine because I feel connected to the vehicle, not that I don't also enjoy new cars" I say, "my suits are even made by Armani, and that has only been around for a quarter of a century".

"Only you Alexander" she laughs as I put the car into first gear and drove off back towards the house we shared in Upper East Side. Angelina had sold her flat but hadn't told me what she was going to use the money on. It wasn't my concern either, I just knew she'd told me she had an idea for what she wanted to use it on.

"Meaning?" I ask glancing over.

"You have a focus on material possession, like it's the only thing that matters to anyone, like it's all that actually defines you, when I've seen you sit down and enjoy the moments when you're not working, and actually see the world for what it is".

"I can only seem to see the world when I'm with you" I admit without much thought and Angelina's eyes flash.

She looked like she was considering every word, as if what I'd said had come as a shock to her, and I knew it wouldn't always be that way. I had a feeling that if things continued like this there would come a time when I could actually enjoy my life without worrying about work but I'd given so many years to dedicating all my energy towards Winters Enterprises, and it's growth.

I had to be able to given more and more of my time and myself towards Angelina, and with her I'm sure I'd be able to get everything I ever wanted to achieve with her by my side.

"Then I will see the world with you Alex, if that's what it takes for you to enjoy it" she says with a smile, as she rested her hand on mine.

"Well, with that said, would you like to come to London with me, I can do business from the house in Knightsbridge" I say glancing over at Angelina who had pressed her lips together in thought as she considered my offer.

"I will also need to do a few meetings in London. Opening even just a clinic there could help greatly for expanding Glacier North Hospital's".

"Have you ever thought of an encompassing name for your hospitals since they're all over the country and it seems you want them in the UK too".

"I don't really know, it might be easier" she says humming after before an amused look passed over her face.

"Saint Laurent Medical Centers" she announces a sense of pride in her voice, "it is mine afterall and it only makes sense to name the management portion after myself, same as you naming your company after yourself".

"There is no critique from me Angelina" I say before taking out my phone and dialed my pilot to inform him that I was on my way.

After twenty minutes of New York traffic I got to JFK Airport where my plane sat on the runway ready to leave for the United Kingdom.

"Is everything on demand for you, I sweat you speak and things appear" Angelina says looking out the window at the plane.

"I just have exceptional staff" I dismiss getting out of the car and setting the keys on the roof while Angelina also got out of the car.

"Or you pay them just enough to do every word you say" she teases and I cast her a look but she had already strode ahead of me and was up the steps and into the cabin before I'd had the chance to return a witty response.

Climbing the steps I had to duck to move around the cabin and sat down next to Angelina who crossed her legs and set her hand on mine as the plane shifted and began moving away from the hanger towards the runway and the seven hour flight to London.

That's it for today I know it's later in the night but I was out most of the day so that's my sole excuse. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️