Chapter Fifty Two

Alexander Winters

It was the day of the wedding, after nearly eight months of knowing Angelina it was the day we were getting married, here in Tokyo which was a beautiful city filled with traditions, and heritage. I had also wanted to be sure that it was memorable for both Angelina and myself. She would be arriving in a different car then me so here I was riding in the back of the white Rolls Royce towards where the ceremony would be held, though the lines of luxury vehicles definitely made it clear that his was where it was being held, and the numerous bodyguards around the parameter of the park dressed in black, and making sure not a single person got anywhere near where Angelina and I were.

Her pregnancy was starting to make her feel sicker each day and she had said she didn't know how long it would be before our baby would have to be born, leaving us to pray that they survived.

However it never took away from the day and the glowing sun that was glowing through the pink and crimson cherry blossom petals on the trees around me as the Phantom slowed to a stop and I got out dressed in one of my rare black suits since I'd started wearing blue and light grey more then black in recent months mostly because Angelina liked to wear black more and it was a very elegant shade on her.

I was never able to purge the worry from my mind in these past weeks but none the less Angelina would always look like perfection to me, and I knew that more then I should have. Today was for us though I wanted it to be her day, she worked for the company I built, it was only fair the day that would start the future we had coming sooner then expected, would be for her, and only her.

Walking through the park towards where the venue was I spotted her parents, and a sizable contingent of the Sorenko Family, along with my parents, friends of Angelina and I, and as requested without Angelina and her grandfather who I'd learned was named Victor and was the former Don of the Sorenko Family. I had met him before during a business meeting to Romania two weeks ago to speak with Amon, Mikail, and Victor about the speed of having business grown in Romania. They'd also shown me that they could perform the needed tasks to speed up the export and protection of product in and out of the countries they had power in before heading West to the states.

 Walking through the park and to the aisle I made my way up to the alter and stopped for a moment at the bottom of the steps to admire the beauty around me which Angelina would smile at since I often didn't appreciate the world around me too often.

"Enjoying your last moments of being just the fiancé" Lucas remarks in his light grey satin suit that by the fit looked perfectly tailored, and cut to perfectly fit him.

"I'm enjoying the world Lucas, and I never thanked you for your advice the night I called you to bring me clothes. To not make her regret letting me spend the night, she's my wife now" I say failing to not smile and he cracked one of his own.

"Five years of marriage taught me that it's not about how long you're with someone, it's how you spend the time with them, and how you bond with them. You remember me when I met Aurora, I was young, and couldn't talk to women worth the stains on my shit apartment settee" Lucas says itching his nose, "now I look back and she helped me, much like how Angelina seems to have helped you mate".

"I'd like to know how you and the boys found the right person so young, you were nineteen when you two met, Damon and Heather have been married four years, Scott and Kara for five. I seventh wheeled most of our adult lives while I fucked around, then commitment fucking hits me in the face like a punch from Mike Tyson" I say and Lucas laughs slightly.

"You won't feel that way forever besides I'm twenty-five and she's twenty three. You just happen to be older then me while almost all of the women are the same age. We all met at different times, seemingly when the most inconvenient" Lucas points out.