Chapter Fifty

When Alex eventually got home around six o'clock I watched the doors open and he walked out his suit rumpled, and tie loose. He looked like he had been through hell today, and had adjusted his clothing a dozen times in the past hour.

"Alex?" I ask walking across the room and looking him up and down as he slipped off his shoes and pulled off his jacket.

"Angelina" he says.

"You look like you didn't have a good day, is there any way I could help?" I ask and he turns to face me.

"No, I just need a shower, then I want to have dinner with you. I just needed to come home to you" he says as I wrap my arms around him and he returned the gesture.

"Well I'm glad you're home" I say with a smile and he flashed his own signature smirk before letting go of me.

I then let him walk off to the end of the penthouse where he would likely go upstairs to shower and change which is when I took the opportunity to think of all the meals that Alex liked and walked off to the kitchen to pull out what I could to make a meal for him and I.

It was something I liked doing for Alex when he had a bad day, he never had to lift a finger after that, and I made sure to make him a meal, get him a drink, and then just make sure that his evening was one of relaxation following a hard day, which was something he would do for me when the roles were flipped, though I handled stress and pressure a little better then he did.

Taking out a pan I set it on the stove and began by pouring a small amount of olive oil, and various herbs into the pan before starting on prepping the chicken that I had made a breading for. I had also taken out a separate pot and was boiling potatoes when Alex walked into the kitchen once more now dressed in comfy pants that were tied at the front and a plain green shirt the colour of a mossy forest floor.

"Whatever you're making smells delicious" he comments and I turn around to see him heading towards the glass cabinet.

"Alexander, go sit in the living room, you just worked all day" I say without turning my attention away from the counter top as I sliced a bunch of bread into cubes for the caesar salad I was making.

"I was going to pour you a glass of wine" he says a grin that only Alex would be able to do, and of course the one he knew could get him anything he asked fell across his face. Stopping my cutting I looked up at him standing there, leaning against the counter where the coffee machine and other café items were. The tinted glass door that gave a partial view of the dozens of bottles of rare and expensive wines in the wooden diamond lattice wine shelf covering half of the collection, the other being open still.

"I want tonight to be for you after your day, you just worked ten hours, and considering I could tell you ran your hands through your hair probably a hundred times today, and locked yourself in your office, I'm telling you as your girlfriend and someone who loves you to just relax" I say giving him a soft smile and he just shook his head.

"You'd think after seven months of knowing you I would be used to you doing things for me after a rough day" he says with a laugh as he walked out of the kitchen.

Finishing making the salad, I took out two glasses and picked out a bottle of Pavillon Blanc Du Chateau Margaux and pulled the cork out before filling the bottom of each glass to two fingers width before carrying one of the glasses to Alex who accepted it.

"Thank you Angelina" he says before taking a sip from the glass as I returned to the kitchen to finish making our meal.

"You're welcome Alex" I say as I began to plate the salad and potatoes, before pulling out the chicken and setting two pieces on the plate meant for Alex, and one on my own. Picking up both plates, I walked out of the kitchen and into the dining room on the other side of the living room.