Chapter Twenty Seven

The next month passed slowly most of which was filled with Angelina and I spending spare time with one another many hours of which were spent in my penthouse on the top floor of the Marquand building.

Our relationship had progressed to a point that she was often at my house more then she was at her own. We had also gone on a few dinner dates which had led to tonight when I'd ask her to be my girlfriend.

I had set up everything down to dinner being made and set out on the terrace where we could look over at Central Park, and all of the buildings around it.

As I finished setting out the fairy lights I'd been taping to my raining I glanced over the railing to see the black Rolls Royce stop along the curb and Andrews get out to open the back door and Angelina slide out in what I guessed was a green dress of some sort.

Glancing down at what I wore I hoped that the button up and dress pants were good enough for tonight's occasion. I hadn't told her much other then I'd made dinner for us and to pick something nice to wear.

She seemed to have taken that in full.

A minute later I heard the door to my elevator open and all of a sudden I was faced with Angelina looking fucking breathtaking in a halter maxi dress with golden jewelry and perfectly done makeup which took her beauty beyond what it was without it.

"No words, Alexander" she teases and I hum.

"How could I when you look like the definition of beautiful perfection" I reply which got a gracious smile in return.

"How sweet" she replies walking over to me and stopping directly in front of me where I could take in her perfume. The scent of rosewood and vanilla filling my nose.

She reached out and touched the side of my now hairless face, shaven smooth the hour prior.

"It's not so spiky" she remarks with one of her small observant smiles.

"No, it needed to go, decided it had been there long enough" I reply and she hums before going to drop her hand just for me to intercept it and hold it while rubbing the back of her hand.

"It'll grow back, then you can tell me some random medical fact around it" I muse and she raises her eyebrows at me.

"Like how most men don't clean their beards leaving more facial bacteria" she rattles off and I stiffle my laughter at her ease of saying things like that.

"I made you and I dinner, I hope you might enjoy it" I say changing the topic and gesturing towards the balcony where Angelina's eyes focused before her legs carried her to it.

"Alexander this looks wonderful, thank you for cooking" she says the gleeful look that always seemed to cover her face for a half second eclipsing all emotion for just a moment.

"It's alright, Tera wanted the night off, and I thought it couldn't be a better night then to have a balcony dinner with you" I explain pushing open the French doors and letting her step outside where I'd also made a fire to let off heat so we wouldn't be cold.

I also needed an excuse to admire her longer in the New York lights.

"Well then I will thank Tera when I see her next" Angelina says and I mentally note to do the same.

Getting to the table I pull out her chair and gesture for her to sit which she took, casting yet another small gracious smile at me before I pushed her in and took my own chair.

She seemed to be watching me as I took the bottle of wine and poured out two measures of the crimson liquid before I set the bottle down and lifted the metal covers from the plates letting out the accumulated heat from the food into the night air.