16. To Family

Aspen's P.O.V:

I woke up this morning exactly at 5 this morning. Weird, I had no alarm on from last night.

"Wake up sleepy heads!" I jumped on the bed Abigail and Maximus were in.

Maximus groaned as he fell of of the bed. Abigail threw a pillow at me as I dodged it. The door to our room opened, Preston was there with Zach and Spencer.

"Lets go." Preston said.

We all rushed downstairs as we quietly entered the kitchen, just to make sure no one was there.

Abigail's P.O.V:

"Coast is clear." Spencer said.

Preston entered doing the commando crawl. We all giggled as Preston got up to his feet. Aspen turned on the machine that makes waffles while I turned on the grill.

"What do we do?" Maximus asked.

"Go make the table or something." Aspen said.

I looked over at Preston and Zachariah, "I want you two to connect the video to the TV."

They nodded and left the kitchen to grab the laptop. I started to make the eggs and bacon while Aspen did the waffles. Within an hour, we were done with almost everything.

"Ready?" Spencer asked, "we set up the table."

"We found some Christmas stuff in the garage." Maximus replied.

Preston and Zach walked in, "we set up the TV." They said in unison.

"Okay." I turned off the stove. "The bacon just finished."

Maximus tried to grab a piece as I smacked his hand. Maximus frowned and walked to Aspen. We started to hear footsteps as we walked out to the dinning room. Spencer passed around bells he had found in the garage as well. We waited for someone to come in. Patrick opened the door, everyone else behind him.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" We all shouted.

The guys laughed as we all rang the bells.

"You guys didn't have to do this!" Pete exclaimed.

"Hey, what are adoptive children for?" Preston asked.

We all started to sit down and we all ate our breakfast. We finished it all when Pete called something out.

"Santa comes every Christmas Eve, so where are the presents?" He asked.

We all ran off to the living room to see nothing. We ran all around the house, looking for our presents. When I realized something.

"We don't have a Christmas tree." I said.

"Oh, ya!" Maximus said.

"We still have time." Joe said, "I bet a whole bunch of families are getting some."

"Lets go!" Aspen exclaimed.

Patrick and Joe grabbed their car keys as Jared and Jensen said they would stay behind, just to make everything easier.

"We should just get a fake tree." Andy said, "today is Christmas either way, so all the places might be closed to cut down trees here."

We all agreed to go to Walmart, since that is a reasonable store. It took us 15 minutes to get there as we all hobbled off of the vehicles.

Patrick's P.O.V:

As we walked into Walmart, I pulled out my cell phone as I dialed to our house. After three rings, Jensen answered.