Chapter 14: The Talk

Luke turns to see Amber standing there, alone, no one else around her or him.

"Can we... go for a walk and talk for a minute?" she asked.

"Sure," Luke said.

Luke and Amber start to walk off when his mom saw them.

"Where you to going?"

"Just on a little walk with Amber to talk."

"Ok be back soon," she smiled.

"I'll make sure of it," Amber assured her.

They went for a little walk, down to a quiet hall, but some people were around.

"So, what's on your mind?" Luke asked.

Amber sighed, "Okay. I want you not to say anything until I'm done."

Luke was sad, but nods. "Okay."

She stops and goes to stand by a wall and out of the way of people walking around them.

"Okay, First I am sorry for what I did. I ran away when I shouldn't have, but I just needed to get away and time to think. So, I'm going to stay, I will work for you, but I'm going to be moving onto the One Direction's bus and stay with them for the tour. That way I can be away from you and Sonya. So I'll tour still, but just be with them for the rest of the tour."

"OMG you are staying," Luke said all happy as he gave Amber a big hug.

"Yes but staying on One Direction's bus." Amber repeated.

"I don't care as long as I have my best friend back."

Amber looked at him, "Speaking of best friends... I think we should be just friends... not best friends."

"Why not, what's wrong? We have been best friends forever as long I can remember. I can't imagine not being best friends anymore," Luke said.

"We've been almost attached at the hip since the beginning. We never left each other's side since then." She stepped back and started pacing and talking, "I can't remember the last time that we weren't together. I just..." she paused and faced him. "I feel like we are sister and brother now. And sometimes, siblings do need a break from each other. I know some friends are BFFs and they can sometimes get bored after a while, and they break that off... and... that's how I'm feeling Luke. I'm sorry." She tries not to tear up as she folds her arms across her chest.

Luke started to tear up too. "I don't want to lose you Amber. I agree we need a bit of space since I have Sonya and you have Harry now, but don't leave me. If all it takes you have some space at times, I will give you that," Luke said.

"Thank you," she sighed.

She then turned around and walked back toward the busses to leave.

Once Luke got back to the bus and Sonya asked him if everything was alright. Luke told her it was ok now and told Sonya they should get ready for bed as he gave her a kiss.

On the One Direction bus Amber was feeling a bit better about her and Luke now.

"Everything alright?" Harry asked as she got on and the others were waiting and watching her.

"Ya," she smiled. "Everything is fine."

"So did you to talk?" Liam asked.