Chapter 5: Luke's Bodyguard

Luke’s POV)

            The next morning, Luke woke up in the guest bed, and remembered what happened the night before. He smiled remember that he and Sonya Ann went to the movies, found Amber, and they watched a movie together, and chuckled softly remembering Amber asking him by text if they had kissed yet.

            He answered, ‘not yet’.

            She sent back, ‘you better, I’ll drive us home, and I’ll go in and you two have to kiss before going inside’.

            Which she did just that. Amber went inside and shut the door leaving Luke and Sonya Ann on the front porch, and wasn’t going to let them come inside until they kissed.

            “Is she okay?” Sonya Ann asked.

            Luke smirked, “Ya. She’s fine. Just being a goofball that she is.”

            He then steps closer staring into her eyes.  “I had a great time tonight Sonya Ann. It was the best date I ever had.”

            Sonya Ann blushed, “Me too, even for it being my first, I won’t forget it either.”

            He then reached up to cup her cheek, and leans over and kisses Sonya Ann’s lips softly.

            Sonya Ann replied kissing back, and they pulled apart.

            They share a smile as they heard the door unlock, and door cracked open.

            Luke sits up and goes to get ready for the day, and he was humming to some tune in his head, he knew that he was going to have to find his guitar and music sheets to write down on, and as he got out to the front room, there was Amber with a mug in her hands sitting on the couch and looking out the window, deep in thought.

            “Mañana,” he said smiling (Morning).

            Amber looked over, “Mañana,” she softly smiled, and looks back out again.

            “Uh oh, conozco esa mirada,” he said going over and sits down across from her on the couch. (I know that look.)

            Amber nods, “Ya, pero no hay nada de qué preocuparse. Sólo tienen muchas cosas en mi mente.” (but nothing to worry about. Just have a lot on my mind).

            “Srta. casa?” he asked. (Miss home).

            She nods, “Eso y otras cosas .” (That, and other things.)

            “Al igual que lo?” he asked. (Like what?).

            Amber looked at Luke, and then looked outside again.

            “Vamos Ambs, siempre hablamos de lo que está en nuestras mentes,” he said reaching over and touched her knee. “Se trata de nosotros en el pasado?” (Come on Ambs, we always talk about what’s on our minds; Is it about us in the past?)

            “No…” she said quickly. “Hago recordar los buenos momentos que tuvimos, por supuesto, pero…” she sighs, “Siento que tal vez yo no voy a encontrar a alguien como usted hizo con Sonya Ann.” I do remember the great times we had of course, but; I feel like maybe I won’t find someone like you did with Sonya Ann.)

            “Ah Ambs… Yo sé que usted va a encontrar a alguien,” he smiled at her. “No desanimado a ti mismo en ese momento. Los dos necesitamos para ayudar a Sonya Ann ahora en ser amigos, y tal vez ella puede venir de gira con nosotros, así que no está sola. Además, usted tiene a alguien con usted mientras estoy en el escenario.” (I know that you’ll find someone; Don’t down yourself on that right now. We both need to help Sonya Ann right now in being friends, and maybe she can come on tour with us so she’s not alone. Besides, you’ll have someone with you while I’m on stage).