Chapter 3: Sonya Ann Goes Home

Amber and Luke went back to the hospital to see if Sonya got the clearing to go home, and to give her clothes to change into, and stuff to use to clean up. When they got back she was in the bathroom with the nurse cleaning up, so Amber knocked on the door to hand her the bag of Sonya’s clothes.

            “Thank you,” Sonya said nicely before Amber shut the door.

            “You’re welcome,” Amber smiled.

            Luke sat down in a chair over by the window waiting as Amber went to sit down in his lap.

            “What are you doing?” he asked.

            She giggled, “What, there isn’t another chair to sit down in, so your lap is my chair.”

            Luke smiled, “You’re so funny.”

            “Hey, it’s my job to make sure you smile.”

            Luke kissed her forehead, “Thanks.”

            “You’re welcome.”

            He sighed as he sits back, “I can’t believe I tour soon.”

            “I know, I’m excited. Touring the US of A. You have already sold out every show, which is totally awesome,” she said looking at him.

            “I know…” he sighed again with his eyes closed.

            “Are you okay?” she asked. “Do you need my lap to talk?”

            Luke chuckled, “No. Just that… I really like this Sonya girl, and want to get to know her more.”

            “Then when she gets out of here, go out with her on a date,” she said matter-of-factly.

            “What?” he asked taking a peek at her.

            “Ya, why not? You like this girl don’t you?”

            “Yes,” he looked at her now.

            “Then go out with her.”

            “What about you?” he asked frowning. “You’re not going to have fun on a three person date.”

            “Who said anything about me going with you?” she asked with a smile.

            “But Ambs, you’ve never left my side since we’ve been here and together.”

            She laughed, “Luke, I don’t hang out in the bathroom with you or sleep in the same bedroom.”

            “But we share a bus…”

            “With separate beds,” Amber laughed slapping his arm softly.

            “True,” he agreed.

            “So what are you afraid of mister… go out with her.”

            “Okay…” he sighed.

            Soon, the bathroom door opened and out came the nurse and Sonya walking out slowly. She looked a lot better than she was when they were there earlier when she woke up.

            “How are you feeling?” Luke asked with a smile.

            Sonya Ann smiled, “Cleaner.”