Chapter 8: The Rehearsal

After everyone was finished with breakfast, Steve reminded Luke that he has tour rehearsals today.

            Luke then got up and went to his room to get ready.

            “Sonya Ann,” Amber asked, “are you going to go with Luke and his parent’s to his rehearsal today?”

            “I don’t know if Luke wants me to go,” Sonya Ann said looking at Amber and Luke’s parents.

            “I am sure he would love for you to come and watch him, so why don’t you go get dressed and meet us out here in thirty minutes.” Steve said.

            “Ok Amber come on and help me figure out what to wear. I want to look good for him,” Sonya Ann said as she got up from the table.

            Amber followed Sonya Ann to her room to get dressed in a comfortable jeans and shirt with tennis shoes knowing that it was going to be a lot of walking around when they got there.

            Amber also wore jeans and a shirt and tennis shoes too knowing that they might need to run to in case of fans, but Amber didn’t tell Sonya Ann that. Amber was just doing it on the safe side.

            After they put their hair up in pony tails, some makeup on Sonya Ann, they head back out to Jerome, Luke’s parents, and Luke visiting and talking.

            “Okay, we’re ready,” Amber said grabbing her purse and keys by the door.

            “Great” Jerome said. “I will meet you all out in the car.”

            Luke stood up and grabbed Sonya Ann’s hand. “You look beautiful.”

            “Why thank you Luke.”

            After that Luke headed out the door with Sonya Ann as his parent’s and Amber followed them to the car where Jerome was.

            Jerome opened the door for everyone to get inside, they climbed inside, and soon they were headed off to the venue for the concert.

            Amber was just sitting there looking at her planner and seeing what the plans were for the week ignoring the surrounding area. Luke and Sonya Ann were just holding hands and small talk here and there as Luke’s parents were talking and viewing the outside world as they drove by it.

            Soon, after ten minutes, the limo got to the venue, Jerome got out, and then Amber get out quickly before Luke even could get out as his parents follow her, then Luke helps Sonya Ann get out last.

            “Thank you,” she smiled.

            “You’re welcome,” he said smiling at her as he glanced over at Amber who was on the phone talking in Spanish to someone.

            “I wonder who she could on the phone with” Luke was thinking. After a minute Luke heard someone shout his name, “Luke over here.”

            It was his dad calling him over to give him the low down on what was going to happen. Luke walked over to his dad with Sonya Ann, and his dad told him what the first two songs he was going to start off singing. First was going to be Blurred Lines and then his own original song Walk for Like.

            Sonya Ann smiled, “Oh, I love those songs,” she smiled.

            “Amber does too,” Luke smiled at her as Steve smiled with a nod.