diluc | the most pleasant weekend at the winery

hi :] im trying to improve my writing style but i feel like i am blind to it </3 anyways. diluc might be a lil ooc. its ok. I hope u like

warnings: none
WC: 1822

+

"Get back here!"

"No!"

"Y/n!"

"You'll never take me alive!"

You were pushed to the ground in a fit of giggles, the pair of you rolling across the grass multiple times before coming to a stop. Diluc huffed, using his elbows to push himself up and hovered just inches above you.

"On the contrary, madam, I believe I've got you right where I want you," he smiled. He lowered his head to press his lips to yours, your hands moving up to hold his face. "I can't stand you, Diluc."

You had finally managed to get him to spend the day doing nothing, and that had turned into you chasing after each other in a field. It was a cloudless day, the sun rained rays on every tree and every flower, illuminating the green grass and Diluc's fiery red hair. Dragonspine loomed in the distance, but it comforted you– you were familiar with it. Everything about Mondstadt, everything about Diluc, was familiar, and that made them home.

"Is that why you're laying down?" He said slyly.

You pushed him off of you, sitting up. Diluc huffed, dusting off the front of his coat. The grass stains had been worth it. He was so unbelievably smitten with you that he didn't even attempt to hide it. He couldn't have, anyway, as soon as Venti caught word of your relationship, he was drunkenly celebrating and telling everyone at the tavern.

"I can't stand you, I can't sit you, I can't even look at you," you said dramatically, turning your nose up at Diluc. He let himself fall back onto the grass, sprawling his limbs out as if he were going to make an angel in snow. You realized he was not going to play along and turned to look at him, surprised at what you saw.

"Never thought I'd see Master Diluc lying in the grass like this," you remarked. "Should I be happy or concerned?"

He rolled his head to glare at you. "I can relax," he said defensively. You didn't buy it. Despite this, there was something so wonderful about watching Diluc be so calm. He always seemed that way on the outside, but you could tell when he was stressed, and that was constantly.

At your silent smile, he sat up again, moving closer to you. "I can relax..." he repeated, kissing you, "when you're around."

Your face flooded with color. You were certain it matched Diluc's hair at that moment, much to your dismay. Considering how things were going, it wouldn't be far off to say that he would have this effect on you forever.

"I love seeing you like this, so serene," You replied. "Can we stay here until night falls? Doing nothing?"

He admired you for a moment, a lovesick stare plain for all to see, then he simply nodded. Every time you saw this side of Diluc, it came as such a shock. Your heart swelled at the thought that you could make him feel this way– the way he made you feel.

You did as suggested and spent all the hours of the afternoon and evening talking and laughing and lying in grass. Nobody disturbed you even though you weren't too far from the winery, and the weather stayed perfect throughout the entire day. Not even did the traveler stumble upon you at the most coincidental moment, no, you were truly in your own little corner of the world.

And when night fell, you stood, walking back to the winery side by side. Your white dress had turned a lovely olive color which earned you a chuckle under Diluc's breath. You rolled your eyes and continued into the building, ready to collapse for the night.