Step 14

Wick's house 📍

After that bullshit Darrain decided to pull, I just went back to Wicks's house. I can't even look at him right now. He's lucky he's carrying my kid. I would've choked the fuck out of him and bitch slapped that nigga J.T. We weren't friends, but I would never go after anybody's ex I played ball with; that's an unspoken rule. Neither of them knows shit about loyalty.

Yo," I heard from outside my door.

"Come in, bro," I said.

"So how did it go? Did you get your baby daddy back? Wick said and laughed.

I just threw the flowers I bought on the ground.

Damn, it's that bad? What happened?" he asked

"I don't know, man, it's like he's for real gone this time, like we're not getting back together, and he's fucking that J.T. nigga already I went to apologize, and that nigga pulled up like they were together or something. He had flowers and shit with him. How he gone fuck somebody and he's pregnant with my kid?

Wow, that's low."

"That's lower than low; it's like he erased me from his life; he can't do that; I won't just leave."

Well, what are you going to do? Darrian looks like he's moved on, and the baby has a new daddy.

Man, shut the fuck up."

"What? I'm serious, bro. I mean you know I love you, but you've got to take some accountability. Darrian could still be yours right now if you didn't listen to that hating-ass nigga Blu.

"That doesn't give him the right to just give up on us; we have a kid now."

"I guess, man, so what now"? Wick questioned

I've got to get him back. I'll sell the rest of my stash, get a place, and buy newborn stuff, I'll show him that I'm serious about him and our kid."

"You think that's gonna work"?

"I'm sure, when Darrian gets later into his pregnancy he's not gonna be able to work and that nigga J.T won't be there for him so he'll have no choice but to come running back to me give it a few months," I said to him

"Well you know we don't have to give it a few months we can just get rid of J.T now" Wick suggested

"You mean like smoke him"? I asked

"Naw no I mean like scare him away he won't wanna deal with Darrain if he got a crazy baby Daddy"

"Yeah I'm not with that bro If Darrain gone come back to me I want him to come back on his terms" I stated

"I'm just saying mentally Darrian's not well because of the baby and you know his hormones and shit and J.T probably telling him all types of bullshit gassing his head up about how he doesn't need you so we should just get rid of J.T before he takes over Darrian and there won't be space of you," he said

I took a second to think about it. I weighed the pros and cons to make a final decision. I really do want to get Darrian back, and it would be easier if he didn't have that little boy toy of his.

Ok, I'll do it."

"Alright cool I know he'll be at the Rec Center after school when the team doesn't have practice; we can catch him there," Wick said.

Rec center 📍

Wick and I sat in the car at the Rec Center parking lot waiting for J.T. to show. We grew anxious, not knowing whether he was coming or not, but soon our worries were no more. J.T. came walking towards the entrance of the building, bouncing a basketball and carrying a gym bag. We exited the car and followed behind him closely as he made his way into the locker room. Wick waited outside the door to make sure no one entered.

"Aye"

J.T. was startled by me and turned around.

"Yo D, you scared me, man. Wassup with you?

"Wassup with me? I'm angry; that's what's up with me. You want to tell me why you decided to go after Darrian? I thought you and me were cool."

"We are cool; it's just you and Darrian are over, and I like him, so we decided to go on a date."

Well, news flash, nigga, we ain't over; he's mad at me right now, so we're not speaking, but as soon as he's over it, he's mine."

Well, that's not what Darrain said."

"What you say"?

"You heard me, bro. You had your chance. You had him for a year and a half, and you fucked it up. That's not my fault. Darrian was good to you and loyal as fuck, and you questioned him and your child over what that predator said to you."

"I know I fucked up, but I don't need a lecture, white boy. You just stay the fuck away from Darrain, and our kid."

"And if I don't," he replied.

I pulled up my hoodie to show the gun in my waistband. Look, J.T., you're a nice guy, but you can't have Darrian, and I don't want to use this," I said

"You're bluffing; there's no way you're shooting me; you've got too much to lose right now," he said, smirking.

"You right"

I fully pulled the gun from my pants and ran up to him. I cocked my arm back to pistol whip him, but he blocked it with his arms. I continued to whip him until he broke down and knocked him unconscious. He was bleeding from his forehead and had a black eye.

"Don't ever call me on my bluff again, white boy."

-tell me how I did on my first chapter or if your into it I know it's not perfect as far as grammar wise but I'm so proud of it ❤️like and comment