Delusional Thinking (1)

"Guys, I don't know what you're even talking about, I do have a girlfriend!" I protested, crossing my arms in frustration.

"You're funny, last time I checked, she doesn't even have your number saved." Akito laughed as I stared daggers at the ginger man.

"An, have you considered asking her out, since you like her so much?" Toya questioned.

"I-Uhm..." I went silent, pinching my nose to hide the hot pink that was forming along my face.

"Toya, you should know better, she doesn't even have the courage to lean in for a huge, let alone 'ask her out'!" The ginger continued.

"You know, you're pretty fucking single too, where's your boyfriend?" I chuckled.

"I don't need a man, I got myself, and my boy, Toya." He replied, patting Toya on the shoulders.

"Last time I checked, he's a man, and last time I checked, I saw you dumbasses kissing at the wa-"

I said before being interrupted by the ringing up the door, entering Kohane.

"Oh would you look at that? Speak of the devil!" Akito laughed, winking at me as I glared at him with further anger, further feeling my face heat up.

"Speak of the devil? What were you guys talking about?" Kohane questioned, taking a seat beside me, which happened to be at the time when I was trying to hide my face which became horrifically red out of the embarrassing remark Akito had made.

"Yeah An! What were we talking about?" Akito teased.

"Akito, don't be mean." Toya glared, causing Akito to plead for his forgiveness as I attempted to hold my laughter, somewhat failing.

"Uhm.." Kohane laughed awkwardly.

"We were just talking about our next event and..the positions we'd have for it..?" I replied, it was obviously made up last second but Kohane didn't bother reading too much into it, thank god.

"Okay well, who's going to be the lead singer?" Kohane questioned.

"It was me last time so dibs out." Akito replied, sipping on his drink.

"I was the host prior to your event, I think this should be a choice between the girls." Toya mentioned.

"Uh- You can be the lead singer, Kohane!" I insisted, putting my hand on Kohane's shoulder.

"I-"

"Hey Azusawa! I expected you to arrive around this time so I already have your order prepared, hot and fresh!" Ken said, walked into the room with a tray.

"Oh! Thank you!" Kohane smiled.

"So have you guys decided your next event?" He asked, placing a cup and plate in front of Kohane.

"We're debating on lead singer, between the two girls." Akito replied, leaning back on the seat.

"How about you just do a coin flip on it? You guys wouldn't wanna be spending days debating, now do you?" Ken questioned, crossing his arms.

"You're right, but we'd also like the members to shine." I commented.

"Hmm okay, you know you could change it up a little bit? Maybe have duo performances?" He suggested.

"Hey, you actually got a good point!" Akito jumped up.

"Aha! What does everyone else think?"

"I'm cool with a duo peformance, what about you An-chan?-" Kohane gasped, watching as I basically faint beside her.

A-A duo performance..? With Kohane? I could never..! I put myself back into reality, realizing that my eyes were rolled back and I slammed my head onto the wall.

"Jesus christ did she die?" Akito asked, leaning over the table.

"She'll come back eventually. So does the idea sound good or not?" Ken questioned.

I grumbled as I felt a bright light flash over my closed eyes, Kohane was freaking out as Toya stayed silent, probably just awkwardly staring at everything go down.

"Okay well uhm..I'll be back with refills..and maybe a bottle of water for my daughter..!" He sighed, walking back into the kitchen.

"An?!" Kohane said, trying to shake me awake, however refusing to open my eyes or even move, realizing that this was the only way I can be around her without being absolutely insane.

"She's just being a dumbass, let's keep planning." Akito groaned.

"I don't think I can plan anything while she's passed out right beside me..! I don't know how everyone is being so casual about this!"

"Ken-san did once mention something about An having a really bad iron supply, maybe she's malnourished." Toya commented.

"C-Can't you die from a lack of iron!?" Kohane gasped, seemingly tapping fast on what sounds to be her phone.

"I think it just makes you faint a lot." Akito mumbled, taking a bite of his pancake.

"Oh god!" Kohane said.

I felt as if everything was getting darker, and the room had fallen silent, out of curiousity, I decided to open my eyes, as soon as I opened them, I saw Kohane standing over me, placing her fingers on my neck, checking my pulse.

"K-Kohane?!" I gasped, nearly falling off the seat.

"Oh thank god you're okay!" Kohane sighed in relief, grabbing onto my cheeks.

"Ko...hane....I-" I tried my best to not fall down again, knowing that Kohane would step back into panic mode, but at the same time, Kohane being so close to my face...Ah...

"This is actually hilarious." Akito commented, taking another sip of his drink.

"Azusawa-san, I think you should let go of her face so we can continue discussion." Toya said, nodding at me.

"Oh okay!" Kohane smiled, I mouthed the words "THANK YOU" to Toya as I turned my head, hiding the newly formed blush on my face.

"Okay so do we agree or disagree on duo performances, I wouldn't mind doing one with Toya but I'd also want all of us to have equal stage time." Akito continued as usual, sparking back up the discussion.

It's so strange, things weren't always this way, not when I first met Kohane. One day, I just felt some sort of burning passion for this girl that I never really had or acknowledged until a few months ago. Akito and Toya seemed to have caught on quick, with Toya often saying he knew since the start but didn't want to throw accusations out there. Akito has been a pain in the ass since I admitted to it.

But that's besides the point. I couldn't be bothered by his antics, especially after Kohane walks into the room, I feel as if all my problems fade away and I'm just left with the sight of the girl I love, the girl I can't even look at without having to turn into a tomato. Similar to my hatred for tomatoes, I also hate when my face looks like one, I've always hated how easy my face is to read, that's my only issue that arises with Kohane.

I want her so badly but I'm not too sure how to communicate it, especially considering that I've never dated people..I just wanted to try things out with her, see what it's like to love someone and be loved back...HOPEFULLY..! Ah..I guess that's just delusional thinking for you..!

---
Chapter One Complete
Delusional Thinking 

Chapter Two: Daring Resolution
~~~~~~
---