Goodbyes aren't forever

Lately Pyra hasn't been the same. She's been more quiet and sad. Every time I asked her what was wrong, she would always say it was nothing. Enough was enough. I was going to ask her what was going on. Our daughter Glimmer is also worried so I hope we can both remotivate her.

Today wasn't anything different. Pyra hardly talked besides asking what we wanted for dinner or lunch. When evening hit, me and Glimmer prepared ourselves.

Glimmer: We have to find out what's wrong with Mom.

Y/N: Yes. I'm getting more and more worried as the days pass.

We found Pyra outside in the backyard. She was looking up at the sky while smoking a cigarette. I opened the sliding glass door with Glimmer by my side. Pyra looks back and simply puts the cigarette out. 

Pyra: Yes dear?

Y/N: Pyra....

Glimmer: Mom...

Pyra: Was is it?

Glimmer: We....um....

Y/N: We noticed you have been more...quiet and reserved.

Glimmer: You look more worried and scared.

Y/N: And we're here to let you know we are here to help you.

Pyra simply smiles and closes her eyes. The core crystal in her chest begins to glow and I'm already getting a bad feeling. She walks up to us and grabs one of my hands to hold and places her other hand on Glimmer's cheek.

Pyra: I-I didn't know how to tell you both....but....

Y/N & Glimmer:......

Pyra: As you know, I'm a blade. And every Blade has to return to their core crystal at some point.

Y/N: Oh no...

Pyra: I'm sorry Y/N....but my time has come....I must return to my father...The Architect.

Glimmer: Th-This isn't happening....

Pyra: I'm afraid it is....I wish I could have stayed long enough to see you graduate high school Glimmer.

Both the redheads were now beginning to form tears. I began to form some of my own. Pyra could only try to comfort us both.

Y/N: W-Will we ever see you again?

Pyra: I'm not sure. But if you were to reawaken me...I wouldn't have any memories....

Y/N: I see...

Glimmer: So...are you going to leave us?

Pyra: Yes, though I didn't want to leave you two on a bad note.

Y/N: Y-You can't do this to us! Think about our family!

Pyra: I do Y/N. I understand how you feel, but it is time for me to return and bond with another Driver. It's what we Blades are for....

Y/N: I see...

Pyra: I do not know if I will ever see you two again. But please remember this. You two were the best things that ever happened to me. A loving husband and a daughter...

Y/N: Pyra...

I hug her and begin to cry into her shoulder. Glimmer joins in but this doesn't seem to affect Pyra.

Glimmer: Don't leave Mom...

Pyra: I want you two to promise me something...

Y/N: What is it?

Pyra: Promise me to always look out for each other. I don't want anything to happen to you both.

Glimmer & Y/N: *sniffle*

Pyra: I will always be with you two. I'll always be looking after you both in the sky. Just remember, not all goodbyes are forever. Anytime you see a star in the sky, think of one of them, as my soul.....

She lets go of us and begins to walk out of our backyard and into a grassy field.

Pyra: I love you both...

A green light blinds me and Glimmer so we had to shield our eyes. Pyra turns into green little sparks and it flies into the night sky...

Y/N: She's gone...

Glimmer: Mom.....

The green sparkles in the sky form a core crystal and falls down into the grassy field. I ran towards it and found it glowing in the leaves.

Y/N: I-I don't understand...why isn't she gone?

Glimmer: I guess...something bad happened?

I picked up the core crystal and it began to glow like crazy once I touched it.

Y/N: Should I....resonate her?

Glimmer: I think you should....

I touched the core crystal and concentrated really hard. A figure began to form in front of me and it was a familiar curvacious and busty figure I recognize. There in front of me was my wife. Pyra.

Pyra: Hello, my name is Pyra. Nice to meet you. It's a pleasure to be your Blade.

Y/N: I'm Y/N. It's nice to meet you too-

Pyra: Wait. Y/N?

She looks at me with wide eyes and shakes her head.

Pyra: No. NO! Why didn't I leave?

Y/N: I um...

Pyra: It makes sense. It's all starting to make sense. I'm too deeply bonded with you Y/N. I...I can't forget my memories with you....

Y/N: That's interesting....

Glimmer: I guess...that whole goodbye moment between us is now awkward.

Pyra: Yeah. I guess it is. But, it's still good I was able to return to you two!

And so from that day, we all appreciated each other much more. I stuck closer to Pyra and always protected her and Glimmer. Although I can't prevent her from returning to The Architect, I can sure as hell enjoy my time remaining with her.