Valima*

This one's specially for @Ayeshayasirkh16  Happy birthday girl!!! And so sorry you had to wait for so long.

A VERY different take on the valima scene ;)

NOTE THAT THIS IS AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE, THE CONTRACT DOES NOT EXIST AND MEERASIM ARE ATTRACTED TO EACH OTHER BUT ARE STILL IN THAT PHASE OF DENIAL AND ALSO UNAFRAID TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND GIVE IN TO THE SEXUAL TENSION BETWEEN THEM, MUCH LIKE IN THE CHAPTER "Happy Birthday Meerab"

Mature content ahead

****

Meerab breathed heavily, standing against the bed post as Murtasim nearly ripped his coat off his body and threw it on the sofa. She was furious. Furious at the way he had dragged her from the dance floor all the way to their room, without a care for the pain he was causing in her wrist. But another part of her was scared for her life when he pinched the bridge of his nose and exhaled deeply before he shot her a look that was enough to bury her six feet deep into the ground.

"Aaj tak mere khandaan ki kisi aurat ne aisa tamasha nahi lagaya jaisa aaj tum ne kia hai Meerab" he spat, each word laced with venom and Meerab felt like she had just been stabbed by a thousand shards of broken glass all at once. She was terrified, indeed she was, but the rebel in her refused to cower in fear, to bow down in front of the mighty Murtasim Khan who was feared by almost every one who knew him.

"Tamasha dekh lia hai na, tou ab shabaashi bhi de dou" she retorted, nostrils flaring as she took a step towards him, her tone laced with a challenge as if daring him to react. Her response was met with bloodshot wide eyes, full of raging fury, "SHABASHI TOU BANTI HAI" he shouted furiously, taking a step in her direction causing her to stumble back into the bed post just as he slammed his hand against it, grabbing the wooden post and partially trapping her between the bed and his body. "Jitni beizati tum meri duniya walon ke saamne kara rahi hou na, jis din mere kandhe iss ka bojh na utha sake uss din sab se pehle mun ke bal tum girou gi Meerab" he threatened, his tone holding a clear warning that there was only so much she could do that he would tolerate.

"Afsos ke tumhari jaan bhi iss baat ka azala nahi kar sakti, jitni beizati tum meri kara rahi hou!" Murtasim growled, taking another step forward, leaving barely any space between them and watching as the tears welled up in Meerab's eyes before they spilled. To the world, he looked cruel, merciless and heartless as he stood completely unabashed by the consequences of his harsh words and tone.

"Azala?" Meerab cried. Rectify? What exactly was there to rectify? What had she done that was so wrong? Danced her heart out at her so-called wedding? For two minutes? Two of the most happiest minutes of her life ever since everything had seemingly gone down hill less than a month ago. And how her dancing brought disgrace upon his family's name and honour would forever remain a mystery to her, that their izzat could be so fragile that it would be shattered by a bride simply dancing on her wedding, for the sake of her own happiness.

"Aur jou meri tazleel, tum se shaadi kar ke hui hai, uska kya?" she jabbed a finger accusingly at his chest, but he remained unmoving, still and steady as a rock. His steadily rising temper was visible from the way his eyes widened further, looking like they would pop out if he went any further, from the glare of his nostrils, the way his chest moved up and down from the heavy breaths he took and the way he gripped the bed post just above her head, twisting his hand around as if intending to break it.

"TUMHARI TAZLEEL?" His booming voice echoed through the room, sending chills through Meerab's body. In that moment when Meerab looked at his eyes, she felt terrified. More terrified than she had ever felt in his presence. His brown orbs, usually a deep hazel, we're almost black now and in that moment, with the way he crushed his teeth and took a step closer, leaving almost no space between them, he seemed like a completely different person. A person devoid and incapable of any emotion. The empty, emotionless void behind his eyes sent a shiver through Meerab's body just as he released the bed post only to cease her arm in a tight grip and she was sure her skin would bruise, even through the embroidered net of her sleeves.