Making Up (Confrontations pt.2)

Note: this is an alternate universe so some things will differ from the show.

Also Meerasim have been forcefully married here too but the contract doesn't exist. I wanted to keep it similar to the show but with a few changes of my own.

****

"Mai Karachi wapis jaana chahti houn"

Both Waqas Ahmed and Anwar Khan stood shocked as Meerab announced her decision. Her swollen red eyes and
pink nose were indicators that she had barely slept a wink and spent the entire night crying and it brought great pain to both of them to see their daughter like this.

The trio stood in the corridor outside Meerab's room and Waqas watched with great sadness and an ache in his chest as his little baby girl stood facing the ground with tears in her eyes that she was clearly struggling to hold back.

When Bhabi Begum had put Meerab in his arms twenty one years ago and entrusted him with her care and safety, he felt like he had been given the entire world; there had been no greater feeling. He had then made a silent promise to himself to give her the entire world and to never let a single tear fall from her eyes. So it killed him when he had no option but to tell her the bitter truth. Nothing had been the same since and he had begun to crave even a glimpse of her; her face would act as a balm to his aching, guilt filled heart even if she did not even bother to look at him.

"Eik baar phir soch lou Meerab" Anwar advised, anger evident on his face but he forced himself to hold back for his daughter. He wanted to murder his nephew and his sister in law for bringing tears to his daughter's eyes, for hurting her and for telling her to leave when he had finally accepted her and gotten her back after so many years . But he willed himself to stop, telling himself now was not the time; he would deal with them once Meerab would give her final decision to leave or stay.

Meerab remained adamant about her decision, "sochne ko kuch nahi bacha ab. Jis ghar mei meri izzat nahi hai, meri koi jagah nahi hai, mai wahan mazeed ab nahi ruk sakti" she said, putting on a strong face but Waqas and Anwar saw right through it, the hurt and unspoken questions clearly visible in her eyes accompanied by her wobbly bottom lip.

Jis ki wajah se mai yahan houn, jab woh hi mujhe yahan nahi rakhna chahta, tou phir mai yahan reh ke kya karun?

No other words were exchanged and Meerab turned around to go back to her room and pack her belongings as quickly as she could. The house was becoming more and more suffocating with each passing second and she needed to get away. The one person who she thought had genuinely cared about her, didn't want her here so why should she stay?

Meerab gave one last glance to the room, bidding it a silent farewell. She always stayed in this exact room whenever she visited this house before her marriage. Everyone had begun to call it her room and it didn't bother her until the truth was out and she realised exactly why there was always a room ready for her in this house, that too in Anwar chacha's portion.

The throbbing in her head intensified as she pulled her black purse over her shoulder and stepped out of the room, slowly massaging her forehead, careful not to touch the bandaged wound on the right.

"Meerab, ab bhi keh raha houn. Aakhri dafa soch lou" Anwar said but Meerab only shook her head, a hopeless expression on her face that broke Waqas' heart as she mumbled a soft "chalein" and began walking towards the stairs.

Just as she took a step forward with Waqas and Anwar behind her, a large, warm hand wrapped around her wrist and Meerab felt herself being pulled back with slight force.

Somehow she knew it was him before she even turned around and her heart raced in her chest as he tugged at her wrist and spun her around to face him.

****
A few moments earlier