31.

"You mean, you have seen an antisoulmate?"

"Yes... my older brother was the one who had one and..." Hoseok bit his lip when a few tears left his eyes.

"What about you?" Jimin was now experiencing an inner cold.

"I have missed out on my soulmate during my twentieth life, so I'm forever lonely. I had been too stubborn and blinded by revenge and she reminded me of my brother's antisoulmate. I was too afraid of commitment after what has happened to him and... now I'm this," Hoseok took a bag with pills and powder from his jacket's pocket. "It keeps me alive, makes me stand my own head and the memories of my past lives."

"Oh," Jimin was at a lack of words. "So, can you tell me about your brother and the antisoulmate, or is it too painful?"

Hoseok sniffed, his hands trembled more, his fists closed on the plastic bag.

"It was his twentieth life, he couldn't remember anything, just pieces of some crap. His soulmate was begging him to believe her, but that other girl... she was too attractive for her own goods, too manipulative, too seductive and he was leaving the house in secret to meet her, was giving all his money and definitely all his sanity. His grades dropped, his friends abandoned him when he became unbearable. He was stealing money from home, taking part in illegal things for her but all he was doing wasn't enough until that one night," Hoseok took a deep breath as if he had trouble speaking. "I'm still seeing it in nightmares. I have been with them and some friends at her birthday party and his soulmate, she came to beg him to stop this nonsense. He started to humiliate her in front of everyone, but the moment he spoke those doomed words disaster opened. "I'm choosing Hanbi," he said using the name of his antisoulmate and she suddenly changed from human to some hellish creature, approaching them in a clown mask she took off. I could see my brother's mind opening and his past lives coming back, but it was too late. Then... no it's horrible," Hoseok bit his lip opening the plastic bag, when Jimin stopped his hand. "I know, I know," Hoseok was mumbling.

"They died in the most awful and inhuman way, being literally skinned by a dark face and torn into pieces, the blood, bones and organs were everywhere, but the most frightening thing is, their souls also died, while that, that creature absorbed them feeding up on them."

There was a silence filling the street, just Hoseok's sobs present. Jimin squeezed his hand with the drug's bag.

"Thank you," he whispered catching Hoseok's stunned cried out eyes.

"Why?"

"I understand better now, but you can still live your best life, soulmate or not, ok?"

Hoseok nodded looking from him to the cursed bag which was holding his existence in a deadly grip.

"Next life I'll do better, promise," he muttered chuckling to himself.

"I'm keeping your word, take care."