37.

The elevator stopped abruptly, it must have been dawn already, but Jimin never remembered how he has found his way here

The elevator stopped abruptly, it must have been dawn already, but Jimin never remembered how he has found his way here. There was that dirty corridor he knew all too well emerging in front of his cried out vision, his steps seemed slow, as if he was very very old.

Namjoon opened after the second knock tossing him a troubled gaze.

"Jimin!"

"May I?"

Namjoon only nodded letting him into the tiny flat.

"I'll make some calming tea," he muttered disappearing in the kitchen when Jimin crossed the room to fall on one of the wooden chairs at the round table, with the cursed deck of cards on top of it. There were some distant dusk lights breaking over the horizon, so he pulled his legs up on the chair to place the chin on his knees and observe the raising day.

I will be alone forever, that voice popped up at the back of his mind, not because I don't have a soulmate or an antisoulmate, but because I don't want mine.

"Tea," Namjoon stormed the room placing a steaming tea cup on the table clothing.

"I have seen some things in the cards," he muttered sitting down on the opposite chair. "But what has happened? If you're here, alive, that means..."

"Taehyung was Jungkook's antisoulmate," Jimin pressed out. "And you knew."

"I have found out from Jinie, but obviously I couldn't tell," Namjoon's cheeks covered with sudden blushes.

"Sure," Jimin bit his lip as his chin began to tremble. "Has he also told you what Jungkook has put me through?"

"He has mentioned a few things," Namjoon was speaking very quietly as if embarrassed to raise his gaze or voice.

"Good that I don't need to explain it all. It's burning in front of my eyes like scars."

"I'm assuming Taehyung is gone," Namjoon cleared his throat.

"Yes, gone," whispered Jimin, strangely that information wasn't making him feel any better.

"Do you know it's the first time in history when someone has defeated the antisoulmate."

Jimin only shrugged, he couldn't care less.

"You have been right from the beginning, the cards were right, your heart was. I was an old idiot blinded by all the crushed dreams of my youth I had needed to verify in my adulthood."

The lights over the horizon were casting the neighborhood into a dim grayness which was slowly revealing more and more details, when Jimin was rather focusing on this than Namjoon's rambling.

"Jimin, you are free, Jungkook is free from the curse, you have forever in front of you and you are soulmates. The love of your life is your soulmate," Namjoon leaned towards him becoming even more serious when new bitter tears came.