Chapter 4, Meeting the red echidna.

After Y/N did one last walk through Green Hill, feeling tremendous sadness, and disgust, horror as well, due to all the blood, dead flickies, dead trees, and dead plants, and also the fact that there seems to be a fake Sonic chasing them, Tails is nowhere to be seen after he entered the ring, so Y/N does the only thing he can think to do, he pulls out a Chaos Emerald.

Y/N: Chaos, Control!

In a flash of yellow light, Y/N appears in the same Green Hill Zone, but everything has a yellow texture, due to him being in the Chaos Realm, where everything is normal for him, but for everyone else outside, if anyone at all, he's basically teleporting.

Y/N quickly runs towards a bunch of springs and platforms he jumps up, he collects a few rings, and destroys what little badniks are left, and he lands at his destination, Scrap Brain Zone, it seems to be the factory area, as there is smoke everywhere, Y/N deactivated Chaos Control, and started walking through the place, he noticed the clouds were blood red, and a lot of the old obstacles seems to be destroyed, the only noises he can hear are the mechanical machines, the slow breeze of semi-cold wind, and his own footsteps clanking against the metallic floor..

Y/N kept walking for a while, when he felt a tap on his shoulder and someone, or.. something, breathing down his neck, Y/N readied himself. He whipped around and threw a punch, only to see nothing.. and he begins quietly talking to himself

Y/N: What the hell is going on..? I might just be going crazy..

Suddenly, Y/N heard another pair of footsteps somewhere in the near distance, and he didn't recognize them, they sounded heavy, and Y/N didn't know if it was foe or friend, so he hid behind one of the broken saws, when he saw a tall, muscular, red echidna with purple eyes walk by, Y/N thought for a moment when he realizes, it's Knuckles The Echidna, the guardian of the Master Emerald..

Y/N: What is he doing here..? Shouldn't he be in hidden palace..?

Y/N didn't seem to realize he was thinking out loud, when he felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned around and saw Knuckles right there, Y/N couldn't get a word out when Knuckles punched him square in the face, Y/N hit the broken saw and it shattered, he groaned in pain and held his head as he slowly stoop up and looked at Knuckles..

Knuckles: Who the hell are you!? Are you another one of Dr. Eggman's spies!? Or just a really advanced robot!?

Knuckles prepared for another punch, Y/N had to come up with something quick.

Y/N: W-Woah! Woah, hey now, calm down man! I'm not affiliated with Dr. Eggman at all! I'm just here because I lost Tails!

Knuckles almost instantly put his fists down, his eyes widen.

Knuckles: You were with Tails!? He sent me a message saying something was up with Sonic, do you know anything about this..?

Y/N: It's... a long story..