Chapter 6, Base.

Dr Ivo. Robotnik's POV

I saw on some of my cameras that Sonic is in my base, that annoying hedgehog! I go over to the hangar of my base, calling most of my robots to come with me, including Scratch and Ground, and Metal Sonic.

Dr. Eggman: "That stupid hedgehog, is in my base.. robots! Find this nuisance!

I watch the badniks leave, then I turn to Scratch and Ground, and Metal Sonic

Dr. Eggman: "You three, follow me."

I lead them down a hallway elsewhere in my base, I find my old broken jetpack, which still kind of works.

Dr. Eggman: "Ah! This is a broken jetpack, I don't have a choice."

I pick it up and start traversing my base..

Third Person Pov

Y/N lands on Marble Zone, the familiar lava, a few badniks roaming, and moving platforms. Y/N runs through, destroying the robots, jumping across platforms, he almost burns his tail off at one point, but he manages to get through. He comes across a very suspicious wall that seems to be cracked, Y/N curls up and spindashes through, it breaks and he appears in some sort of cave he's never been before, when he suddenly hears.

CRASH!!

He turns around to see Dr. Eggman, with a jetpack, in what appears to be a broken elevator. Y/N walks over, Dr. Eggman doesn't notice him yet

Y/N: "Hey, Eggman!"

Dr. Eggman turns, and he sees Y/N, he frowns

Dr. Eggman: "Another hedgehog? You better not be annoying like Sonic!"

Y/N: "It doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure we've both encountered THAT Sonic.."

Dr: Eggman: "That bloody eyed faker? Yeah.. Okay, I'll make an alliance with you for now, hedgehog, but this is a one time thing!"

Y/N just nod his head in understanding, and they both begin to traverse through the cave, they jump across some spikes, Eggman uses his jetpack to dash across, while Y/N uses his homing attack, eventually they come across some smoke.. Eggman activates his shield and walks through, but Y/N is forced to stay behind.

Dr. Eggman: "What are you gonna do now? You can't get by, the smoke will kill you."

Y/N: "I'll find another way around."

Y/N curls up and spindashes through a nearby floor, now taking a different path, there's lava beneath him everywhere, looking like hell, he jumps across platforms and springs, avoiding falling down, eventually he comes across another red ring..

Y/N collected the red ring, his mind filled with illusions once again, but also.. he managed to erase the illusions and convert them into power once more, his eyes go from blue to red, his chest fur, eyes, gloves, and socks glow, and he dashes through the rest of the cave in a blur, before he comes up to a singular spring, soon enough Dr. Eggman comes up behind him as soon as the form wears off.

Dr. Eggman: "Interesting, you got here before me."

Y/N: "Yeah yeah, whatever Egghead, we have to keep moving."

Eggman then points to the spring, right above it is more smoke.

Dr. Eggman: "You're gonna have to go through, this one isn't as weak as the others, so you won't die, but be prepared to run."

Y/N's ears lowered, but he nods his head in understanding, Dr. Eggman is the first to jump through, activating his shield, Y/N soon enough jumps after, the smoke immediately takes affect and he feels woozy, but he continues going, when suddenly the lights turn off..

???: "You're not dead? If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself I suppose.."

Y/N and Dr. Eggman immediately recognize the voice as the fake Sonic, and they run. Y/N is slow due to his wooziness, but he continues his pace, he has an advantage due to his homing attacks and drop dashes, but the platforms falling beneath them..

They continue running for a while, Dr. Eggman looks back at Y/N and shakes his head, as he activates his shield and dashes through a wall of electricity. Y/N then messes up a spindash, and falls down, the last thing he sees above him is that horrible face, soon followed by that laughter..

 Y/N then messes up a spindash, and falls down, the last thing he sees above him is that horrible face, soon followed by that laughter