Prologue ִ ࣪𖤐

Michikatsu pov

I hate my brother. Hate hate hate him.

Of course, he was the one to go eradicate the large threat. Of course, he had the audacity to boast to me about it.

'Oh michi! I defeated Muzan!'

'Oh, oh michi, come have a celebratory dinner with the others!'

No. No. No!

Just go away!

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

Tears built up in he corners of my eyes as I swivelled on my heal and stomped the other way.

Yoriichi was calling my name in the background, I blocked him out.

My veins popped as I headed towards the treeline. Anger seethed through me as I ran out of his sight.

God damn him. Why does he have to be so strong? Why did he have to become a samarui! He seemed perfectly fine being a monk or whatnot in that damn temple.

Now he's the most praised and strongest demon slayer. Fuck. Him.

I still ran though the woods. I stopped at the sight of my house in the woods.

My wife and kids were there.

[ as there is no documented information on them, I made them up ]

Haruhime Tokito, my wife. She kept her maiden name

I don't like her. I married her merely to have heirs.

She is sweet, and caring, and I fell for her at the start. But she got winey and annoying. She is an amazing mother though. A mother to our two children. Twins.

Akeno is our daughter, named after my mother.

Maraku is our son, named after her father.

It was fitting.

The lights in the cabin where off. To be honest, it was the dead of night. I walked up to the cabin. Did I want to go inside? No. Did I want to see people? Also no.

So I grabbed some carrots that where growing in the garden and put them in my pocket and dashed off again.

I had no idea where I was going, and I couldn't care.

If anything, I would want to die in these woods than see his face again.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw a demon eating a human infront of me.

I snuck up to it, it was unaware I was there.

Then, I sliced it's head off with ease.

It groaned as it turned to ash. I stared at the dead human, feeling an ungodly urge to taste the blood it was coated in. I stared at it for hell knows how long, until I shook myself out of these thoughts and continued running.

It was using up alot of my stamina but I couldn't care. As long as he isint clouding my thoughts, I'm good.

All i focused on was putting one foot Infront of the other, and avoiding tress.

One foot
Other foot
One foot
Other foot.

That's all I did all night.

I ran till I collapsed out of exhaustion. It was exhaustion, anger and sadness that made black cloud my vision. Exhaustion anger and sadness that made me pass out.

And the last thing I saw was his god damn face.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

Next chapter has alot more words (2044) this was just a prolouge!