⋆⁺₊⋆ 4⋆⁺₊⋆

A/N

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️SHORT CHAPTER!!!!!⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

I'm gonna add the ship BUT!!!

TO MAKE IT WORK!!!

Sumiyoshi's wife died during birth a month ago ( she didn't but yk ) so they're both wifeless.

Damn everyone is wife-less and gay-

KOKUZAN/MICHIZAN WILL STILL B MAIN SHIP!!!

This ship will be mainly mentioned at the start of this chapter up.

Also!!! When we get to a MAJOR part in the story, there will be a piece of artwork to go alongside it!!

It's made by a great friend of mine! They have also written a story :D

Anyway I'm ranting. To the storyyy!!!!

Yoriichi POV

I have been staying at Sumiyoshi's for 3 days now. He has a small cabin, meaning we have to share a room with his daughter, Sumire. She's so sweet, what I wished for my baby girl to be like.

Sumiyoshi was a great friend. He helped me out massively from my dark pit. He understood me the most, as his wife, Suyako, passed in child birth a month ago.

He made me feel like Sumire was ours. Not just his. He needed some weight off his hands as well.

Today, I was tasked with looking after Sumire while he went and chopped wood.

Sumiyoshi and I are great friends. I met him while at the temple. He was the first to talk to me and embraced my silence with his talkative manner.

As friends, we have done a lot together. Even though we took separate paths, we are still close.

I laid a sleeping Sumire down in her crib as he arrived back.

He had a basket full of wood and piled it up.

"Hello again" he said, I just nodded my head.

He kissed my birth mark. I smiled.

He had done this since day one. He saw my unusual birth mark and thought if he kissed it it would give him good luck.

So, from that day on, he has been kissing my birth mark every day we see each other. Most of the time, multiple times a day.

Sumi made udon for dinner. I can't cook, leaving that up to Uta.

He sort of filled that void. Sumi could cook, do 'housewife' chores and so on.

The food was delicious. The one thing I could do was clean dishes. So I took it into my own hands to do so, even though he tried not to.

That night was freezing.

Filled with tosses and turns.

[ Hiya!!! My hand is still sore but I can type so here ya go! Sorry for late update btw! ]

"Yoriichi~san?" Sumiyoshi asked

"Yes?" I replied. Both of us where unable to sleep. Seems like Sumire was the only one capable.

"Do you want to star gaze?" He asked

I sat up.

"Sure"